This elegant Bacon & Blue Cheesecake is sure to be a hit at your net family gathering. This cheesecake is a new twist on an old classic. Bacon and Blue Cheese dip is a mainstay party food, so instead of being like everyone else; why not stand out above the crowd with this easy to make Bacon & Blue Cheesecake!
This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon or other programs. I do earn a small commission from the sales made through these links; however your price never changes. Your purchases bless our family and help to fund recipe development and the activities of this blog. Thank You!!
About the Blue Cheese I Used
Rick and I have been heading in to our local farmer’s market on Saturday mornings. It’s been such a blessing to meet the vendors and talk to them about their produce, coffee and cheeses. The young woman at The Cheese People booth is such a joy.I purchased some of this wonderful Dunbarton Cheddar Blue
The amount that I purchased was enough to make a batch of this Blue Cheese Salad Dressing and this Bacon & Blue Cheesecake. I need to go get some more next week!
National Cheesecake Day
July 30th is national cheesecake day and what better way to celebrate than with this bacon & blue cheesecake.
Blue Cheese has a bit of a stronger flavor so the bacon in this recipe helps compliment the flavor and add a depth to this cheesecake. I’ve found that add in a bit of onion also helps.
So let’s celebrate national cheesecake day and get to trim and healthy along the way.
The Tools I Use When Making Cheesecake
I’ve Included Oven Baked Instructions along with the Instant pot Instructions
Why I Love My Instant Pot For Cheesecakes
I absolutely adore my instant pot for making cheesecakes. It saves me so much time and I can “set it and forget it” for about 30 minutes. Clean up is a breeze!
It makes just the right size cheesecakes for our smaller family size while following Trim Healthy Mama.
Here Are Some of My Favorite Cheesecake Recipes
Are you a Pinning Mama? Here’s a Pinnable Image for you!!
Bacon & Blue Cheesecake Recipe
- Serves: 18
- Serving size: 4 TBS
- Calories: 179
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Sodium: 338mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- ½ cup THM Baking Blend
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (The green can works great)
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 pinches THM Mineral Salt
- 16 ounces Neufchatel cheese (1/3 fat cream cheese)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 4 ounces bacon (cooked crispy and chopped fine)
- ½ cup onion (diced)
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl combine the baking blend, grated Parmesan, almond meal and salt. Add melted butter and stir to combine.
- Press crust into a buttered 6" spring form pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- in a stand mixer combine cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time until fully incorporated, add xathan gum.
- Stir in the bacon, onion and blue cheese.
- Pour into pan with crust. smooth the top.
- Place foil over the top of the spring form pan, seal so that water doesn't get into pan. Make a foil sling.
- Place 1½ cups of water into the inner liner of your pot, place trivet in pot and lower the spring form pan onto trivet
- Process on manual high (this may be labeled as "pressure cook" if you own a newer model) for 25 minutes.
- Allow to natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove cheesecake from liner and allow to cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.
- Run a knife around edges of pan. and refrigerate for 4 hours covered with plastic wrap.
- Place foil over the bottom of the spring form pan, seal so that water doesn't get into pan. You can also place foil on the top of the pan if desired.
- Place pan into a 13 x 9 baking pan and fill with water ½ way up the sides of the spring form pan.
- Place 13 9 pan into a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 60-70 minutes.
- When cheesecake is done cooking, turn oven off and allow o sit in warm oven for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven, loosen edges and refrigerate for 8-12 hours before serving.
Sliced mushrooms, celery, mini peppers or radishes.
**This is an extremely rich cheesecake style dip that is wonderful for special occasions or holidays.