Brownie Caramel Cake
I came up with this really special Brownie Caramel Cake. Today is my husband’s birthday!!
YAY!!! WOOHHOOOO!!! (streamers and noise makers)…
Yeah okay, he doesn’t like me to make a big deal out of his day…So instead we spent a quiet morning with coffee, egg sandwiches and surfing the internet. U mm, yep we are getting older… and wiser… and starting to act like it….
Which meant that I had to bake something EXTRA special because Rick loves brownies and I love caramel… This cake is on plan for my Trim Healthy Mama life style.
I used this recipe from Simply Healthy Home for the caramel sauce. It does use xylitol and really only works with that sweetener, erythritol and blends containing it tend to recrystallize when heated to the temperatures needed for caramel. (Xylitol is toxic to household pets even in small amounts, so I use it very sparingly in recipes)
This post contains Amazon and other affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase from these links, I do make a small commission. However your price remains the same.You can view my full disclosure here.
This brownie caramel cake is amazingly yummy… it has the texture of a “pudding in the mix cake” and is my go to recipe since I made it the first time a couple of weeks ago. It is gluten-free and is diabetic friendly as well as Low Carb and fits into a Satisfying meal on THM.
This Brownie Carmel Cake is made with a mixture of coconut flour, oat fiber and golden flax meal. The chocolate ganache and cake are made with plan approved sweetener blends. I have been being really stingy with my new THM Baking Blend waiting for it to come back into stock.
The first time I made this recipe I tried to short cut my way around putting parchment or a coffee filter into the cake pan and yes it did stick really bad…
So this time I grabbed my silicone Bundt pan like this one (this is an affiliate link). This is a (10″) pan.
if you are using a traditional bundt pan like this…
Your cake may not appear to have filled the pan appropriately, and if it is a metal one make sure you grease the pan REALLY well or it will stick. I absolutely love the silicone pans.
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- ¼ cup oat fiber or psyillium husks
- ¼ cup golden flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon celtic salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup Pyure Organic Stevia, All purpose sweetener (Erythritol, Stevia blend)
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup palm shortening or coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325^.
- Sift coconut flour, cocoa, oat fiber, flax, salt, baking powder, sweetener and gelatin into a small bowl.
- In a large bowl blend eggs, oil and vanilla,
- Add dry ingredients to wet and continue to blend, adding the almond milk.
- Grease bundt pan and pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow cake to cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Top with ganache and drizzle with caramel sauce