Cherry Berry Quinoa
Cherry Berry Quinoa is a great low-fat option for breakfast or when you need a healthy sweet treat.
This recipe is so easy to make and keep on hand. It requires no special ingredients for Trim Healthy Mama’s and cooks up quickly in the Instant Pot or you can make it on the stove top.
This post does contain affiliate links. While I do earn a small commission from sales through these links, they do not change your price. We appreciate your purchases through these links as it allows me to continue blogging and blesses our family in so many ways. Thank you!
Cherry Berry Quinoa is Healthy and Energizing
Keeping your carbs and fats separate is key to your Trim & Healthy journey. Cherry Berry Quinoa is a low-fat, moderate protein and whole grain carb source.
“Being low-fat this dish allows your body to burn through the carbs and then start working on fat stores within your body. “
Why Healthy Carbs are Important
We all need healthy carbs they are what fuels our adrenal system and gives us energy to burn throughout our day. When you remove these carb sources totally from your diet it can cause you some major health issues. So make sure to include them a few times a week.
How I Enjoy Cherry Berry Quinoa
Personally, I love enjoying this as a healthy breakfast paired with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of 0% Greek Yogurt layered into a parfait to make it extra special. I even drizzle a bit of slim belly jelly on top to give it that extra little oomph.
Cherry Berry Quinoa also makes for a great snack when I’m working out or just feel like I’m dragging along throughout the day.
- 2 cups Cherry Berry Tea
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 teaspoons THM Super Sweet Blend (or Equivilent)
- 1 cup cherries, frozen, unsweetened (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons walnuts (chopped)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions replacing the water with Cherry Berry Tea.
- Transfer quinoa into a bowl. While still warm, add nuts and vanilla. Mix thoroughly and top with berries. Serve in a to-go container or cup. Best served hot or at room temperature.
- Rinse and drain 1 cup of quinoa. Place in your liner, add Cherry Berry Tea and sweetener. Stir to combine. Place lid on your instant pot, lock and put vent into sealing position.
- Process for 1 minute on manual high. After Natural pressure release, stir in vanilla extract, walnuts and cherries. Served Topped with a dollop of sweetened 0% Greek Yogurt.