Choco Butter Bars
These Choco Butter Bars take care of that sweet treat craving and are a healthy and sugar-free.
Those of us following the Trim Healthy Mama Plan can enjoy these choco butter bars as a satisfying treat whenever that urge hits. And even those that don’t follow that lifestyle may enjoy these without having to worry about blood sugar spikes or unhealthy additives and ingredients.
“I love to take treats life this with me to potluck dinners as well as picnics and family gatherings. They are always one of the first treats to disappear from the dessert table.”
These Choco Butter Bars passed with flying colors with my grandson and my husband. I even got asked to make more and bring them over so that our grandson could enjoy them with his cousin while waiting on his baby sister to arrive.
This week has been hectic around here waiting on grand baby # 8 to arrive, she’s being stubborn to say the least. So I needed something that was fairly quick and easy to prepare and take along while visiting family.
I keep a jar of my Sugarless Sweetened Condensed Milk on hand so that cookies and bars like this are ready in a short time from start to finish.
This recipe is a tweak from My Creamy Oatmeal Lemon Bars, I’m not sure which is my favorite though… this crust came out a bit crisper than the one I used in that recipe.
These Choco Butter Bars are very rich dessert bars so small portions go a long way.
I got about 16 bars when I cut it, but you could cut it into 8 for larger servings and still stay within plan guidelines for an S treat. But in all honesty the smaller bar satisfied my sweet tooth leaving me room for an additional 7 net carbs if I wanted to add anything.
It’s kind of neat that some of the cocoa powder mixed with the sugarless sweetened condensed milk to form a chocolatey layer under the Peanut Butter Cream. I may even go a step further next time and melt some of my Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Chips and put that on the crust before the filling mixture just to get that chocolate snap in there.
These choco butter bars haven’t lasted long enough for me to try to freeze them so if you get a chance and store them that way I would appreciate if you could let me know in the comments what the results were.
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar replacement
- 1 cup THM Baking Blend
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut meat (or unsweetened coconut flakes)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350. Liberally Grease an 8 x8 pan. Set aside.
- For the Crust
- Place softened butter and brown sugar replacement in mixer bowl and combine.
- In a medium bowl combine baking blend, salt, baking powder, unsweetened coconut meat, cocoa powder and oats. Stir to combine. Add to butter mixture ⅓ at a time allowing mixer to incorporate each addition.
- Press ¾ of crust mixture into the bottom of pan. Set reserved crust mixture aside and make the filling.
- For the Filling
- Combine sugarless sweetened condensed milk with the THM Peanut flour and pour onto crust. Top with remaining crust mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
If you enjoy Pinterest and pinning recipes as much as I do you can check out my recipe boards or Pin this Recipe.