Chocolate Custard Shake
I have been playing with this Chocolate Custard Shake recipe for a while.
It is smooth and creamy and oh so filling. It makes enough that if you need to share with someone there is enough for both of you, or enough to make a tray of fudgey healthy Popsicle for later.
For me the ability to drink the whole shake when I’m really hungry is awesome and when it’s a bit too much for my appetite; I just freeze the portion I’m not drinking into fudgesicles that way I have a healthy treat for later.
(Bonus: Only dirtying the blender once, I know you can appreciate that as much as I do! )
Shakes are a great grab and go option in the morning and although this one takes a bit of time because you scramble the eggs before putting them into the blender. It really is an easy way to get that meal in even when you might be a little rushed.
One thing I’ve learned following the Trim Healthy Mama Plan is that skipping meals is NOT an option, it really does mess up your metabolism.
I’ve heard a lot of skepticism about the cooked eggs in these shakes but let me just say give it a try, Please… You may be pleasantly surprised and find a new favorite.
I used regular unsweetened unflavored protein powder in mine but if you really want the chocolate flavor to come through you may want to try this Chocolate Custard Shake with some Chocolate Protein powder, like this one from Jay Robb. It’s sweetened with Xylitol and THM plan approved.
Here’s a list of the Shakes I’ve made so far with this method:
- 2 eggs, scrambled in coconut oil (can also use ½-1/3 cup egg whites)
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp glucomannan powder
- dash of high mineral salt
- ¼- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp THM Sweet Blend, or to taste
- 2 TBS cocoa powder
- 1 scoop (1/4 cup) THM pristine protein powder
- 2 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1½ cup ice
- scramble eggs and allow to cool to room temp
- Add first 5 ingredients to blender and blend.
- With blender running drizzle coconut oil into blender it will emulsify as it is blending.
- Add Ice and process until smooth and creamy.