Coconut Flour Rolled Sugar Cookies
These Coconut Flour Rolled Sugar Cookies were the very first post to this blog. Written in December of 2014 (I needed Christmas Cookies)
These cookies have been a staple in our home during my Trim Healthy Mama journey!
These cookies are super budget friendly and take minimal special ingredients.
As I started my journey, like many other mama’s was working the plan without purchasing special ingredients online.
I’ve since changed things up and do purchase products from the THM Store as well as other online retailers when needed.
I love softer textured cookies so please realize that these Coconut Flour Rolled Sugar Cookies are more cake like than they are crispy.
I make these about once every 2 weeks so that we always have an on plan snack option. My grandson Declan really enjoys these!
I’m updating this post because over the past 2 years I have developed a sweetener preference as well as refined the process for making these Coconut Four Rolled Sugar Cookies. I will include links to the sweetener that I use!
These cookies are awesome frosted with a cream cheese frosting, drizzled with skinny chocolate or glosting from the new Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook. You can grab a copy here
Coconut Flour Rolled Sugar Cookies Original Recipe (2014)
Author: Judy Witherby
Recipe type: Cookies
Cuisine: Trim Healthy Mama
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sweetener of choice.
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup Bob's Red Mill - Gluten Free Organic Coconut Flour - 16 oz.
- ½ tsp NOW Foods Glucomannan Pure Powder -- 8 oz
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the butter , granulated sweetener, egg, baking powder vanilla extract and the salt and blend with a handheld blender for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add coconut flour and glucomannan and blend until combined.
- Allow the dough to sit for 5 minutes.
- If it is sticky or not firm, add another ½ tsp of glucomannan.
- Place between sheets of parchment paper and roll out to desired thickness.
- Use cookie cutters and cut desired shapes and place on cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool before frosting.