Creamy Vanilla Custard Shake (Low Carb, Gluten Free, THM S)
This Creamy Vanilla Custard Shake is a yummy summer time treat!
and has an added bonus …. you can make it with raw or cooked eggs…..
The ability to use scrambled eggs or egg whites in this Creamy Vanilla Custard Shake as a protein source makes it really versatile.
While I do recognize the concern about using raw egg whites. Typically when I use raw egg whites, I use the carton-ed ones which have been pasteurized. Working with Brenda to come up with another way of getting the eggs into a shake without them being raw has been a true blessing.
This Shake is extremely creamy like a frozen custard… As written it fits into the Trim Healthy Mama eating style as a Deep S Shake, which means that it has pure fat sources without the ingredients that can stall your weight loss efforts.
Many times we incorporate things like cream cheese and nuts that when used daily can honestly cause a stall. How do I know, it has happened to me.
I had to start really looking at the ingredients I was using and modify some recipes to give both the correct fuel sources as well as limit items which were slowing my weight loss.
Both Brenda and I have made this shake into cream pops as well as into a shake… and they are amazing either way… adding 1/2 cup of berries leaves you with a Satisfying Shake with a flavor twist.
There are so many options it was hard to choose which one to write about first…
So we went with Vanilla to allow everyone to experiment with your favorite flavor combinations.
I look forward to bringing you more options in the future and sharing all of the yummy flavor combinations.
If you make a different variety I’d love to hear about it in the comments!!
Be sure to post your photos!!
- 2 eggs, scrambled in coconut oil (can also use ½-1/3 cup egg whites)
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp glucomannan powder
- dash of high mineral salt
- ¼- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp THM Sweet Blend, or to taste
- 1 scoop (1/4 cup) THM pristine protein powder
- 2 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1½ cup ice
- scramble eggs and allow to cool to room temp
- Add first 5 ingredients to blender and blend.
- With blender running drizzle coconut oil into blender it will emulsify as it is blending.
- Add Ice and process until smooth and creamy.