Easy Cheesy Stuffed Peppers
These Easy Cheesy Stuffed Peppers are on our menu often. I make batches of these and freeze them so that we can have dinner in a jiffy when using my Instant Pot.
this post may contain affiliate links through amazon and other programs. I do earn a small commission from sales through these links although your price never changes. Thank you for supporting this blog, its activities and blessing our family.
Stuffed Peppers Have Always been a Family Favorite
Stuffed peppers are a budget friendly meal that when my kids were growing was on our meal rotation often. being able to stretch 1 pound of ground beef to feed three hungry boys and two adults can be a trick sometimes. But using things like mushrooms or cauliflower rice you can make this meal one that can feed a crowd without breaking the bank. just add 8 ounces of chopped mushrooms or 2-3 cups of riced cauliflower and double up those wonderful peppers and the cheese.You can easily feed 8-12 people with those modifications. You would have to bake these in the oven for that amount or process in batches in your Instant Pot (I’d bake them in the oven, less muss and less fuss that way)
Personally, we only have two in our household now as our children have grown and moved out with families of their own, so we don’t need that much food anymore (unless we have company). I did find that these 6 inch square pans fit nicely in my instant pot Duo60 7 in 1, 6 quart when covered with foil and stacked.
I steam my eggs for the week which not only helps me be prepared for busy days but makes peeling them a breeze! you can see how I steam my eggs in this article about Steamed Eggs vs Boiled Eggs
The Printable Easy Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Recipe
- Italian Seasoned Ground Beef
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 ounces water
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded and divided)
- 3 whole bell pepper (cut in halves)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 13 x9 pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut peppers in ½ and scoop out the seeds and membranes, rinse in cool water and pat dry. Set aside.
- Mix ground beef, tomatoes, tomato paste and water in a large skillet, warm through. stir in ⅓ of cheese.
- Place about ¼ of sauce in bottom of pan, place bell pepper halves into pan and fill with meat mixture. Top with cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is melted and golden.
- Place 1 cup of water into your liner, place trivet into liner.
- Assemble peppers as directed for oven baking using 2 6" pans or a 1⅕ quart round casserole dish.
- Stack 6" pans at an angle to one another and process of 10 minutes on high. (I use a foil sling to lower pans into my liner as well as to remove them.