Irish Cow Custard Shake (Low Carb, THM S)
This Irish Cow custard shake will rock your world!! Loaded with healthy ingredients like spinach, matcha green tea powder, sugar-free chocolate syrup and cottage cheese it’s sure to please your palate.
This Irish cow is a great replacement for those unhealthy shamrock options from fast food… and with my Nutri Ninja it really is quick and easy to make.
Following a lower glycemic eating plan allows me to indulge in shakes like this Irish Cow Shake any time of day! I normally do these for breakfast or lunch as a quick way to fuel my body for the busy day without having something really heavy on my stomach.
I really didn’t want to add skinny chocolate to this so I opted for the Handy Chocolate Syrup from the new Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook (I do add a bit (1/8 tsp xanthan gum) to help it thicken up).
I did layer the chocolate syrup throughout the shake as I was pouring it in the glass… it makes things more fun that way for me! Being intentional with my food plating and sitting down to enjoy my meals and snacks really helps in my weight loss journey, I savor my meals and my snacks which allows my brain to register the fact that I have eaten and stops the mindless munchies that got me over weight in the first place.
All of the custard shakes that I make contain cooked eggs, you can use raw egg whites if you prefer, but honestly the cooked egg just takes it a bit further in the satisfying creamy category. Protein powder is an optional ingredient in these as there is a enough of a protein profile with the egg and the cottage cheese, but that is your choice. Some of us need the added protein to stay full for the 3 hour gap between meals and snacks.
- 1 egg, scrambled in coconut oil (can also use ½-1/3 cup egg whites or 1 boiled egg)
- ¼ cup chopped spinach, I cooked mine with the egg.
- ¼-1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp glucomannan powder
- dash of high mineral salt
- ¼- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼-1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1-2 tsp THM Sweet Blend, or to taste
- 1 scoop (1/4 cup) THM pristine protein powder
- 2 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup ice
- Scramble eggs and wilt spinach in same pan, allow to cool to room temp
- Add first 5 ingredients to blender and blend.
- With blender running drizzle coconut oil into blender it will emulsify as it is blending.
- Add Ice and process until smooth and creamy.
We always appreciate your purchases through our affiliate links as they allow me to continue my blogging adventure and bless our family more than you will ever know !! Thank you!!