Going back to my Irish heritage this Leek and Cheese Pie is one of my favorite breakfasts. I also enjoy it as lunch often.
This Leek and Cheese Pie or Quiche is pretty easy to put together and with very few special ingredients it is super budget friendly. I make this about once a week and it feeds both my husband and myself for a few days.
Eating this with a side of bacon or sausage and yes you could even throw those into the mix when baking makes it filling as well as fast. I’ve frozen this and reheated it without an issue.
The crust is awesome and you can use the THM Baking Blend or your favorite Baking Mix (you may have to adjust the fluids if using a homemade mix)
I baked this in a glass pie plate like this one . I’ve had it for many years and love it.
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 211
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Sodium: 573mg
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 17g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- ⅔ cup leek (thinly sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ¾ cup THM Baking Blend (*see Note)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 whole eggs (divided)
- 2 whole egg white (divided or 6 TBS of carton kind)
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup cream cheese (softened)
- 16 ounces cottage cheese, lowfat
- 2 tablespoons THM Baking Blend (*see Note)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil (or 2 TBS fresh)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅔ cup carrot (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray a 9" pie plate with cooking spray
- Sautee leeks and garlic in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil until leeks are tender.
- Combine ¾c Baking blend and baking powder in a medium bowl. Stir in leek mixture, 1 egg, 1 egg white and almond milk until almost smooth.
- Spread ½ the batter in the greased pie plate.
- Bake crust for 20-22 minutes or until starting to brown.
- While crust is baking, combine remaining egg, egg white and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Stir in the cottage cheese, carrot, 2 TBS of baking blend, basil and pepper until well blended. Spread over par baked crust. Top with remaining crust batter. Bake an additional 40-45 Minutes or until golden. Let stand 10 minutes prior to serving.
You can pin this Leek and Cheese Pie from here if you’d like.. and please check out all of my Pinterest boards for other meal ideas and fun recipes!
We appreciate when you purchase items through our affiliate links!!
When you make these purchases we do earn a small commission although it does not change your cost at all. These purchases allow me to continue my blogging adventures as well as keep this site up and running.