This Peppermint Toffee is going to be a new tradition around here!! It’s a great way to celebrate the Holidays.
I’ve been enjoying it as a snack, sprinkled on cookies and even sprinkled some over this Chocolate Cheesecake
All by itself this Peppermint Toffee is a refreshing treat while following Trim Healthy Mama and it’s even a Deep S if you’ve read your plan book you will know what that means (wink).( Just make sure that you only use skinny chocolate as a topping to keep it deep S.)
The Inspiration for this peppermint Toffee
Last year we were all seeing posts about butter toffee, to the mama that came up with that recipe Thank you!!! You inspired me to make this Peppermint Toffee. (And please let me know if it was you 🙂 )
Ways to enjoy Peppermint Toffee and stay on plan
- Sprinkled on top of cookies, muffins, yogurt or your favorite cake
- As a snack with your afternoon cup of coffee or tea
- dipped in chocolate
I have listed the servings as 12 but this made a 1/2 sheet pan which is about 2 1/2 cups when you break it up. It will probably go much further as a topping.
I have plans to gift this to some of our local mamas packaged in a 8 oz canning jar, or in a small candy box that I get from the local cake and candy store.
Peppermint Toffee Recipe
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup THM Gentle Sweet
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
1/2 cup THM Pristine Whey Protein Powder
1. Melt the butter and coconut oil , I did this over low heat so that the butter did not brown.
2. Add Gentle Sweet salt and peppermint extract, whisk to combine.
3. I used my immersion blender to blend the whey protein powder into this mixture and then poured it into a large parchment lined baking sheet.
4. Place in freezer to harden.
5. Break Toffee into bite size pieces and store in the freezer.
Allergen Friendly Tweaks
When I posted this the other day I had some mama’s asking if there was a way to make this recipe without the Whey Protein. I experimented a bit and found that you can substitute Collagen Peptides for the whey with only a slight change in the way that you blend this… I had to be blending the oils as I added the collagen or it seized horribly. I use an immersion blender when making this recipe so make sure you use a small sauce pan. You may also be able to process this in a Vitamix, however I haven’t tried that as I own a Ninja blender system.
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1½ cups coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup THM Gentle Sweet
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- ½ cup THM Pristine Whey Protein Powder
- Melt the butter and coconut oil , I did this over low heat so that the butter did not brown.Add Gentle Sweet salt and peppermint extract, whisk to combine.
- I used my immersion blender to blend the whey protein powder into this mixture and then poured it into a large parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in freezer to harden.
- Break Toffee into bite size pieces and store in the freezer.