Razzle Rhu Push Pops
Oh How FUN!! These Razzle Rhu Push Pops are going to be!!
These amazing Razzle Rhu Push Pops were inspired by Run Amok Mama’s Rhueberry Ice Cream.
Jaque is such a sweetheart, you all kind of know her as an Admin in the Trim Healthy Mama facebook groups.
But she has this great blog over at Run Amok Mama so go visit and tell her I said hi!!
So a while back she posted this yummy looking Rhuberry Ice Cream Recipe…
I love Rhubarb, it reminds me of my grandma and summers spent with her making all kinds pies cakes and fun treats for our family. So whenever I see recipes that contain rhubarb well, I go check them out.
Sadly I don’t have a patch of rhubarb in our yard just yet, but maybe I’ll get there next year. But I did find Rhubarb at our local grocery so I picked up a few stalks.
Sadly, I didn’t buy enough to make Jaque’s recipe however I did create these Razzle Rhu Push Pops using hers as an inspiration. With the rhubarb I bought as well as some raspberries and strawberries that I had on hand.
These are a wonderful creamy satisfying (S for short) treat when following a Trim and Healthy Lifestyle.
I of course had to taste some so it went into a bowl with a squirt of fat free redi whip!
Can you imagine the fun that the kids are going to have with these?
My inner child is just giggling and smiling with anticipation!!
These are great for being out at the bonfire.. family gatherings and cookouts…no one has to miss out on a fun filled treat!
- in a heavy bottom sauce pan, heat rhubarb and water until soft, like applesauce, remove from heat. allow to cool slightly.
- Put all other ingredients into pan with rhubarb mixture and combine with a stick blender, leaving small chunks of berries if desired. You can also place everything into your blender and pulse to combine.
- Pout into Ice cream freezer and process for 20-25 minutes.
- Scoop Ice Cream into Treat Pop molds, stand them upright if you can, place tops on them and freeze for 2 hours. You can also serve this like ice cream directly from the ice cream freezer for soft serve consistency or allow to ripen in the freezer for 2 hours.
- You may need to allow this to sit out for a little while so that it softens to scoopable consistency
I used these Treat pop containers from Wilton, but I’m sure you can find them at any candy or cake making store.
They come with solid caps so you just fill them and freeze how great is that?
This is the Ice cream Maker that I have and absolutely love!