Roasted Kale on a Stick (Low Carb, THM Friendly)
The recipe for Roasted Kale on a Stick isn’t really a new recipe other than it is a different way to make your roasted kale!
I love roasted kale chips, however I hate the time it takes to tear everything up into pieces and spread them out on the pan, and yes I know you can buy pre chopped Kale in bags and trust me I do. But I had 2 bunches of fresh kale that were getting ready to be a little funky… so I decided to try something new, so they wouldn’t go bad on me.
I’m excited because this is a nifty way to change things up and honestly my kids would have grabbed one and ran out the door with it to munch on the way to play.
I love all the flavor combinations that Jennifer Griffon came up with over on her blog A Home With Purpose, and I regularly use those ideas for my roasted kale chips.
You can check out her post 5 flavors of Krispy Kale Chips.
I also like to use the Macho Nacho seasoning from the new Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook.
- Wash and clean the Kale Stalks, leave the leaves attached!
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Place Kale stalks on a parchment lined baking sheet, I used one like this.
- Spray with coconut oil, or drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle your seasoning on leaves.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 3-4 hours or until crispy and lightly golden.