Spicy Oven Roasted Okra
This Spicy Oven Roasted Okra has become one of my favorite new snacks. Roasting my okra gets rid of the slime factor and makes this awesome veggie palatable for me. I just can’t do slime.
This post may contain affiliate links through Amazon and other programs. I do earn a small commission from the sales through these links which helps to fund this blog, it’s activities and blesses our family. Your price never changes.
I love Oven Roasted Okra and tried something a bit different with some whole fresh okra that I got recently. You can also do this with Frozen Okra and even the cut okra that is recommended in the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook. Personally, I can only eat okra in a couple of ways due to texture issues, but let me tell you the THM Cookbook opened up a variety of ways to include this wonder vegetable in my Journey to Trim and Healthy.
Spicy Oven Roasted Okra Makes a Great Snack
If you are like me and need some easy snacks that taste great but are a bit more portable than slices of chocolate cheesecake or mock dutch apple pie, this Spicy Oven Roasted Okra may be the ticket!! Mixing it up with some of the green fries that you can find in the Trim Healthy Mama Book it becomes a wonderful snack food.
- 12 ounces okra, frozen or fresh
- 1½ teaspoons coconut oil, melted(or you can just spray them)
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika (I used smoked)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss okra with oil or spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Combine spices in a small bowl and toss oil coated okra in them until coated. Dump onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Roast Okra for 12-15 minutes turning once or until done.