Sugar Free Chocolate Hazelnut Mini Cake
I got so excited when I saw that today is National Hazelnut Cake Day, I saw that pop up on my calendar I just had to Make this Sugar Free Chocolate Hazelnut Mini Cake! Before beginning my Trim Healthy Journey I loved Nuttella… like eat it from the jar on a spoon loved... (yeah not good for me AT all!! ever)
This post does contain amazon and other affiliate links. I do make a small commission if you buy through my links which allows me to continue my blogging endeavors. You can view my Full disclosure here.
I really didn’t want a big cake, because Rick won’t eat Hazelnut anything… (He needs help, seriously) So out came 2 of the Mini Tasty Fill cake pans from Wilton and the new THM Baking Blend.
I love these little cake pans, it makes a layer cake that is fill-able and it’s just the right size for 3-4 servings. the recipe for Sugar Free Chocolate Hazelnut Mini Cake will make about 4 regular size cupcakes if that’s how you want to do it.
I filled the layers with sweetened chocolate Greek yogurt and frosted them with a simple butter cream using spectrum brand palm shortening, butter and sweetener.
I had someone as about the mini cake stand that is pictured. I found it at Micheal’s Craft Stores earlier in the spring, it fits a 6″ cake to give you an idea of the actual size.
This one is similar in size
- 2 Eggs
- 2 TBS butter or coconut oil
- ½ tsp hazelnut extract
- 2 TBS Sweetener (I used Pyure Organic Stevia, All Purpose Sweetener, if using THM Sweet Blend only use 1 TBS)
- 4 TBS THM Baking Blend
- 2 TBS Cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Dark)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2-4 TBS Almond Milk (use only enough to reach cake batter consistency)
- 2 TBS chopped Hazelnuts
- 4 TBS Palm Shortening ( I use Spectrum Brand)
- 4 TBS Butter, Softened
- 2 TBS Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 TBS Sweetener, ground in a coffee grinder
- 1 tsp vanilla or hazelnut extract
- Preheat oven to 350^
- Cream butter, sweetener, hazelnut extract and eggs.
- Add THM Baking Blend, cocoa powder and baking soda, mix well to combine.
- Add almond milk 1 TBS at a time until desired consistency, stir in hazelnuts.
- Pour into well greased pans and bake for 20 minutes.
- Process sweetener in coffee/spice grinder until finely powdered.
- Place palm shortening, butter and extract into a small bowl and beat to combine.
- Add sweetener to shortening mixture while slowly beating to combine, then increase mixer speed to incorporate fully.
- Frost cake.
- Melt 3 TBS Sugar Free Hazelnut Spread with 2 TBS coconut oil and drizzle over frosted cake.
The consistency may be slightly different when using this substitution.
I know that Trim Healthy Mama has been running out of their baking blend almost as soon as they receive it (it IS that good!) but if you would like to purchase it or other THM supplies through my affiliate link I would really appreciate it.