Sugar Free Peach Preserves
Summertime means peaches a plenty… These Sugar Free Peach Preserves will keep that summertime freshness all year-long without added sugars. They are great for topping your whole grain toast, homemade ice cream and using for syrup or a fruit topping on your pancakes!
Being that they don’t have added sugars these Sugar Free Peach Preserves are a wonderful option for Diabetics, People Following Trim Healthy Mama or a Whole foods lifestyle.
So far I have made these Sugar Free Peach Preserves as well as Sugar Free BlackBerry Jelly to have a supply of on plan jellies along with Sugar Free Cinnamon Jelly and I’m sure there will be a few more before the summer is over.
One of the family activities that my children have enjoyed most of their lives has been going fruit and berry picking. Taking a day to go to the orchard or the berry patch seems like a lot of work, but honestly it has been such a blessing… The cost is minimal for a day filled with family fun and memory making.
I introduced Rick to this family tradition last year … He really didn’t think he was going to enjoy it… until we got there and ended up bringing home about 10 pounds of fresh strawberries. We have plans to go again this summer taking some of the grand-kids along.
The cost of making these preserves is much less than buying store-bought with the added benefit of knowing exactly what ingredients are being used.Which has the bonus of being a much healthier food option. I have fond memories of canning and preserving with one of my grandmothers and my sister.
I’ve warmed them slightly to use as syrup for my pancakes and as a fruit topping on my Tummy Tucking Ice Cream ( page 368 of the Trim Healthy Mama Book). Topped a Muffin in a Bowl (page 258 ), Jelly Style Greek Yogurt Swirl from Page 252 and with Cottage Style Toast from page 239 so the possibilities are endless.
You can even add them to my Sugar Free Mini Danishes.
- 1 fresh peach, pitted and chopped or 1 cup frozen peaches chopped
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 tsp gelatin
- ¼ cup sweetener, I used Pyure Organic Stevia All Purpose Sweetener
- Put gelatin into ½ cup of water and allow to bloom.
- Place peaches in a heavy bottom sauce pan with water. Bring to a boil.
- boil for approx 5 minutes.
- (I pureed the fruit with an immersion blender so that I didn't have big chunks, but that is optional)
- Add sweetener and allow to dissolve.
- Add gelatin mixture and boil for approx 5 min.
- Ladle fruit mixture into jars leaving 1" head space and allow to cool slightly, Place cap on jar and store in refrigerator.