Sugarless Pumpkin Pecan Torte
With fall fast approaching I figured I’d put together this Sugarless Pumpkin Pecan Torte to test it out.
Oh My Wow!! is it YUMMY!!
This is going to make some very happy family members as the holidays come around. I love Pumpkin Pie and this is just an over the top variety. I Baked this in a 6″ spring form pan from Wilton like this one. The great thing is that this pan also fits into my Instant Pot so it can do double duty in the oven or in the Instant Pot.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned is fine)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar Free Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon THM Super Sweet Blend
- 1 large egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- This Caramel Sauce Recipe1/2 cup pecans (toasted and slivered)
- Make the Traditional Pie Crust from theTrim Healthy Mama Cookbook on page 325. Place in refrigerator until ready to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Make caramel sauce per directions at Simply Healthy Home and add ½ cup toasted and chopped pecans to it. Allow to cool slightly while making the pumpkin filling.
- Combine pumpkin puree, sugar free brown sugar, THM super sweet blend in your mixer. Add egg,heavy cream melted butter and spices and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Roll out Traditional Pie Crust, place into a 8 inch spring-form pan, make sure that it seals the bottom of the pan. Pour pumpkin filling into prepared crust and top with the Pecan layer. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and remove sides of spring-form pan before serving. This can also be made in a 9 inch pie pan.
I love this pan because it is also just the right size for desserts for Rick and I to share. It does make the slices a bit thicker so they don’t need to be as wide to satisfy.
So back to how I made this Pumpkin Pecan Torte.
For the crust I used the Traditional Pie Crust from page 325 of the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook.
We adore the Trim Healthy Mama Caramel Sauce recipe from Simply Healthy Home. I have been making this caramel sauce since I began my Trim Healthy Mama journey and it has never failed me. Check out my Brownie Caramel Cake to see how I have used this previously. It is an amazing gem of a recipe.
Let’s hope I’m not to early to be posting a recipe that works for Thanksgiving and Christmas but there are those of us who love Pumpkin dishes anytime of the year. This Torte is a close second to my favorite pumpkin recipe from last year which is my Pumpkin Crumble Cereal. Which is also available on the Trim Healthy Mama Membership site.
What is one of your favorite pumpkin dishes?