This Strawberry Grapefruit Smoothie is energizing and refreshing in these hot summer months. It requires no special ingredients, not even whey powder!
With simple ingredients this clean recipe packs a fruity punch and keeps you full until your next meal. Smoothies like this Strawberry Grapefruit Smoothie are great for you and your whole family.
If you would like to add protein powder to this it becomes a full meal all by itself without being overly heavy. Personally, there are days when I just don’t want anything that is too heavy… and this smoothie fits perfectly with those days… and it’s an E for those following a Trim Healthy Mama Lifestyle.
There are times when our budget doesn’t allow for the purchase of whey protein powder, during those times I use 1/2 cup of 0% Greek Yogurt or 1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese in its place. Both of these options give me a protein base for my smoothies and depending on which protein powder you are using it adds a creaminess to the smoothies that can sometimes be lacking.
The nice part of doing things this way is that if you are sharing your Trim and Healthy experience with someone who is on the fence, it shows them that this plan IS affordable and can be done without pricey specialty ingredients.
I do purchase the THM Pristine Whey Powder or Whey Protein Isolate Powder (Unflavored) 1.2 lb. Powder(affiliate link) whenever I can they make my life a little bit easier.
(The THM Whey dissolves the best and it doesn’t have a bunch of added fillers and ingredients I can’t pronounce.)
- Serves: 1
- Calories: 237
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Sugar: 26g
- Sodium: 471mg
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 16g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- ½ cup 1% cottage Cheese or 0% Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 TBS sweetener (I used Pyure Organic Stevia, All Purpose Sweetener)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp gluccommanan powder (optional)
- ½ grapefruit, peeled
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Process cottage cheese, almond milk, sweetener, vanilla extract and grapefruit in your blender.
- Add Strawberries and process again.
- Sprinkle gluccommanan powder over liquid and process.
- Add up to 1 cup of ice cubes and process to desired consistency.