Sunday mornings are made for Cinnamon Rolls.
I love recipes that make enough to last a couple days. They tend to make my life so much easier and less stressful.
Sunday mornings around here are a bit quieter, we attend church on Saturday afternoons most of the time. It’s Rick’s one day off per week and a day we spend doing family stuff.
Since I began this journey to better health, one of the things we have missed has been the indulgence of classic cinnamon rolls. I see many ladies asking for recipes that fit into weight loss mode of Trim Healthy Mama.
The alternative flours can be tricky and even the new THM Baking Blend is a little quirky when using it to adapt recipes that fit this lifestyle. Add into the mix alternative sweeteners and this becomes a major challenge. The best part of using these ingredients is that they are Gluten Free and Sugar Free which really helps to keep them healthy.
Cinnamon rolls are notoriously sweet and sticky (at least the ones I love are) with nuts and brown sugar… cream cheese and just plain awesome.
When my kids were small they were a go to Christmas morning tradition as well as something they begged for throughout the year.
So many times mama’s are asking or troubled with how to use the sugar alternatives… I wrote an article about that problem and how I solve it here
- Serving size: 1 Roll
- Calories: 86
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Unsaturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Sodium: 169mg
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 7g
- 1¼ cups THM Baking Blend
- ¼ cup Psyllium Flakes
- ¼ cup THM Super Sweet Blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons yeast, I used rapid rise
- ½ cup egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water, warmed to 90-110 degrees
- 1 teaspoon honey
- The Filling
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons THM Super Sweet Blend
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add egg whites, apple cider vinegar vanilla, water and honey. Mix on low until well combined.
- Grease a 13x 9 sheet of parchment with coconut oil spray and dump dough onto it. gently press dough out into a sheet. brush with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sweetener
- Use Parchment to roll dough on long sides, pinch the seam to seal. Slice into 9 rolls and place cut side down in an 8" cake pan lined with parchment.
- Allow Rolls to rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until golden.