Check out this Bacon & Blue Cauliflower Bomb. It makes such an impression when serving it to family and friends.
With the holidays approaching we all want those amazing yummy dishes to grace our tables. We have a family tradition that someone always brings a new dish to try during holiday meals. Sadly, I won’t be able to see my siblings this holiday season so I guess I will just have to bring this with me to my in-laws.
This Bacon & Blue Cauliflower Bomb is an impressive non starchy side for your holiday table. It has become a family favorite in our house. And the left overs (if you have any) Make an amazing breakfast hash with eggs.
What’s in this Bacon & Blue Cauliflower Bomb
For this post I simply added Blue Cheese & Bacon, after stuffing the bomb with string cheese and spreading a coat of 5 minute mayo (you could also use the body burn mayo from the THM Cookbook) and Greek yogurt over the surface. Using a combination of yogurt and mayonnaise allows the fat to stay under control in this dish as well as keeping the calories under control. It tastes decadent and indulgent while adding a great non starchy vegetable to your table.
What I have learned making Cauliflower Bombs
Adding things like bacon, blue cheese, chicken, different cheeses and additional veggies changes these Stuffed Cauliflower Bombs into such a versatile dish you just can’t go wrong with it!! (unless someone has an aversion to cauliflower)
I’ve made a this Bacon & Blue version of the ever popular Cheddar Jack Cauliflower Bomb often. Rick and I both enjoy blue cheese and it pairs so well with bacon that I get requests for this often.
One of the best tips I can give you is that if you have an Instant Pot like this Duo60 7 in 1 is to prep your cauliflower in it.
It saves so much time. Trim the cauliflower taking off the leaves and stem enough that it lays flat on the trivet, place 1 cup of water in the bottom of my inner pot, secure the lid and set it on manual high for 0 minutes. Use quick release to release the pressure when your Instant Pot beeps and boom chicka boom Mama it’s ready to stuff!!
Here’s the Bacon & Blue Cauliflower Bomb Recipe
- Serves: 8
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Sodium: 577mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- 1½ pounds cauliflower head
- 4 sticks of string cheese, cut into pieces
- ⅓ cup body burn Mayo from the THM Cookbook or this 5 minute Mayo (increase to ⅔ cups if omitting cream cheese)
- ⅓ cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- ⅓ cup ⅓ fat cream cheese, softened (optional)
- ¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ pound bacon, thick-sliced (crumbled)
- Trim leaves and stem from cauliflower head. Place whole head into your Instant Pot on a trivet with 1 cup of water. Secure lid and process on manual high pressure for 0 minutes. Use quick pressure release and carefully remove head to a baking sheet.
- Mix mayo, yogurt, cream cheese and ½ blue cheese crumbles in a small bowl. Spread over the cauliflower head and sprinkle with bacon bits and remaining blue cheese crumbles. Cook Bacon until crispy, I normally bake mine.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.