Blueberry Cheesecake Bread Pudding... OH MY GOODNESS!! Life just got a whole lot sweeter.
I’ve never been a huge fan of bread pudding until now… this Blueberry Cheesecake Bread Pudding tastes more like cheesecake than it does bread pudding.
Studded with fresh blueberries and filled with creamy cheesecake it takes the mundane to a whole new level. With a delicious crunchy topping and flavors that pop, making it a wonderful family breakfast or dessert on those special occasions or any day.
With the overwhelming response to my Basic Low Carb Yeast Bread, I really wanted to bring you some new ideas for using it not only for sandwiches and french toast, but in other ways that can help your Trim Healthy Mama journey.
Brenda from over at Texas Brew Salsa came up with this wonderful recipe that we tweaked and made over and over until it came out with the right texture and taste profile… Many Thanks to her for all her efforts as well as using her THM Staples to help get this right!!
(You really should check out her salsa it’s amazing!! )
I’m going to apologize in advance because this post is going to be a bit longer than most, but I took photos of “how to” put this together … it sounds much more complicated than it really is … so please give it a chance… You will be happy that you did, I promise!!
Please leave me a comment if the photos are helpful or not. I really do enjoy and appreciate your feedback.
- Serves: 10
- Serving size: ¾ cup
- Calories: 343
- Fat: 32g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Sodium: 251mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 165mg
- 1 loaf Basic Low Carb Yeast Bread (See directions for Tweaks)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring (or 1 Tablespoon Melted Butter)
- ⅜ cupTHM Super Sweet Blend (6 Tablespoons)
- 1¼ cups fresh blueberries (reduce to ¾-1 cup if using frozen)
- ⅔ cup Sugar Free Brown Sugar
- ⅓ cup THM Baking Blend
- ⅜ cup cold butter (6 tablespoons)
- ⅓ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 12 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1½ tablespoonsTHM Super Sweet Blend
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- Make 1 loaf of Basic Low Carb Yeast Bread increase the sweetener to 6 TBS or ⅜ cup Super Sweet Blend or equivillent.
Add vanilla and butter extracts.
Bake bread spread into a 13 x9 inch flat pan and allow to cool.
Cut bread into ½-1" cubes and spread out to dry slightly.
- In a small shallow bowl, mash cream cheese with a fork.
Add the Super Sweet Blend, lemon zest and lemon juice.
Stir well. Set Aside.
- In a medium bowl add half n' half, eggs, melted butter, maple syrup, Super Sweet Blend, THM Stevia Extract, cinnamon and salt and whisk until well combined.
- Mix dry ingredients, cut in cold butter till resembles crumbles refrigerate till needed.
- Butter or spray a 2.5 quart casserole dish.
- Layer bread cubes in the bottom of the casserole, and top with 1 cup of blueberries.
- Dollop teaspoons of cheesecake mixture over top of the berries in an even layer
- Pour Filling Mixture (milk/egg mixture) slowly and evenly over top, making sure to cover all the bread. Press down if necessary.
Let set at least one hour before baking or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle topping on top.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove foil and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is golden and the pudding jiggles when you shake the dish.
Cool for at least 10 minutes, preferably 20 to 30.
- Store leftovers in the frig for no more than 1-2 days.