Creamy Oatmeal Lemon Bars
These Creamy Oatmeal Lemon Bars are an awesome summertime treat.
Reminiscent of their sugar filled counterparts, these Creamy Oatmeal Lemon Bars are a WIN in the healthy snack department with Adults and Children alike.
I love being able to make healthy treats for my family, especially while following a Trim Healthy Mama Lifestyle. I can see so many varieties of these at family picnics, graduation parties and out for our holiday spreads.
My children and grandchildren enjoy many of the same treats that I do, so many times grandma’s treats are long gone before the sugar filled sweets that sometimes show up at our gatherings.
I asked Rick to taste them before they were fully chilled and he really liked them.
But man o man!! did they go over well after they were in the fridge overnight. The creamy center set into an almost cheesecake like center and the oatmeal crust was a bit softer.
They were a bit sticky so would probably do better with a fork than eating them with your fingers, but they are sturdy enough to be eaten that way too. (just lick your fingers when you are done)
Creamy Oatmeal Lemon Bars don’t require a bunch of special ingredients, however THM Baking Blend and Super Sweet Blend make them just a bit easier to make. I have tested these with both the THM Baking Blend and with My Low Carb Bakers Blend.
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ⅓ cupSugar Free Brown Sugar
- 1 cup THM Baking Blend
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1½ cups Sugarless Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- Liberally Grease an 8x8 pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the Crust:
- Place softened butter and brown sugar replacement in mixer bowl and combine.
- In a medium bowl combine baking blend, salt, baking powder and oats. stir to combine. Add to butter mixture ⅓ at a time allowing mixer to incorporate each addition
- For the Filling Mixture:
- Combine sugar free sweetened condensed milk with lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon extract.
- Press ¾ of crust mixture into the bottom of pan. Pour filling mixture on top of pressed crust. Top with remaining crust mixture crumbles.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.