Brenda’s Lemon Berry Buckle is such a wonderful surprise after spending a week trying to perfect a dump cake recipe with the new THM Baking Blend. After countless tries and it just not coming out right we decided to do things a little differently…
For whatever reason neither she nor I could get the “cake mix” part of the recipe to rise correctly so we tried it like this Lemon Berry Buckle and what do you know IT Worked!!
I have fond memories of making buckles like this with my grandma when I was young. She would always make something for us while we were visiting. It’s a pretty quick and easy way to have a yummy treat and it heats up well in the microwave without drying it out horribly.
Lemon and Blueberries is a classic combination. The tartness of the lemon tends to compliment the sweetness of the berries.
You can change things up and swap ingredients to make it a Lemon Berry Buckle or a Vanilla Berry Coffee Cake
Here’s how Brenda made her Lemon Berry Buckle:
- 4 Tbsp. Butter melted and cooled
- ½ cup Baking Blend
- ⅛ cup shredded coconut
- 1½ Tbsp. Sweet Blend
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar (1 cup Erythritol and 1 Tbsp. Blackstrap Molasses well blended)
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- Pinch of salt
- Chopped almonds or pecans, optional
- ½ cup berries (I used blueberries)
- 1 tsp. Sweet Blend
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons Sweetener, (I used Sweet Blend)
- 3 Tablespoons THM Baking Blend
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
- Combine topping ingredients
- Blend with fork into small, medium and large pieces
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Toss to coat
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine Cake ingredients. Spread in a lightly sprayed 7 x 7 Corningware or equivalent size baking dish.
- Sprinkle berries on top of cake in single layer
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in the 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and top with chilled crumble.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 20 minutes or till crumble is nicely browned, crisp and a inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Honestly I love vanilla and blueberry myself… I made a single serve version with blueberries and vanilla.
Bonus!! you get two recipes in one blog post!!
- 2 TBS Butter, Softened
- 1 TBS Sugar Free Brown Sugar
- 1 TBS Nuts, Chopped (I used walnuts)
- 1 TBS THM Baking Blend
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 TBS Butter, Softened (you could also use coconut oil
- 3 tsp Organic Stevia All Purpose Sweetener Blend
- 3 TBS THM Baking Blend
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
- Combine all ingredients forming small, medium and large pieces.
- Combine all ingredients, place a handful of berries on top of the batter. Sprinkle Crumble Topping over the berries and Microwave for 2 minutes or bake at 350^ for 8-10 Minutes or until golden brown and cake is cooked through.
You can purchase THM Baking Blend and other supplies through my Affiliate link, any purchases are greatly appreciated as they help to maintain this site and my blogging activities.
I’ve linked this recipe at: