We all need a snack every now and again. For me I like creamy things and this Chocolate Almond Greek Pudding is quick and easy to make.
I don’t have to make these ahead although you can so that you have some grab and go options. So grab some extra Greek yogurt and make a few. I normally make 2 or 3 batches of homemade Greek Yogurt per week using this tutorial.
I enjoy the Crockpot Greek Yogurt because the flavor is a bit milder than that of store-bought and I can make things like this Chocolate Almond Greek Pudding or yogurt cheese which helps to keep my grocery bill under control.
These types of snacks keep me on track with a punch of protein as well as a bit of fat to keep make them satisfying as well as yummy. Chocolate Almond Greek Pudding will cure a chocolate craving and hold hunger at bay until you eat again in 3 hours.
Changing the flavor is easy with extracts, berries and cocoa… You can make them Energizing with other fruit options as well as Pull back the Fuels using only extracts and protein powders.
This version uses cocoa, ground almonds and a touch of almond extract which makes it a Satisfying treat.
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 356
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Unsaturated fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 177mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 25g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt, you can use full fat for this version
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1-2 TBS of cocoa (if you use 2 TBS you may need to adjust the sweetener)
- 1 TBS sweetener, I use Pyure Organic Stevia, all purpose sweetener blend (2 tsp THM Sweet Blend), powdered
- 1 TBS ground almonds
- Grind sweetener in a coffee grinder.
- Place everything but the almonds in a bowl and mix together
- Top with a squirt of fat free redi whip and ground almonds
I’ll post some of the other ways that I’ve made this treat another day. I need to go get ready for my grand-daughter to come visit.
I’m sure even she will love treats like this!!