This creamy cheesecake pie is so good!! It reminds me of being a kid and my dad sharing his butter pecan ice cream with us kids. Which was a rare treat at our house. What’s really neat is that the filling in this Nut Butter Crunch Cheesecake can also be frozen into a no churn ice cream if that’s what you’d prefer.
Studded with a combination of almonds and pecans (I ran out of pecans) it’s creamy and crunchy all in the same bite.
(I could have sworn I had another bag of pecans from making this German Chocolate Pie.)
The nut mixture is lightly candied with sweetener and butter which adds a bit of sweetness and that nutty crunch.
The shortbread crust is an easy one to throw together and will work for so many recipes. (I actually keep a batch in the freezer most of the time to save time or if I want single serve cheesecakes)
I need to say Happy Birthday to my son-in-law Ryan… and this Nut Butter Crunch Cheesecake was my way of doing that.
The biggest challenge for me was to make the whipped cream stable enough that it wouldn’t weep before I could get it over to their house. The way I did that is to add just a bit of THM Just Gelatin to the whipping cream with the sweetener and vanilla so that it wouldn’t lose it’s volume or weep.
I do believe that may need to be its own post, but I did add those directions in the notes of this recipe.
The whipped cream was an adventure since I hadn’t whipped cream by hand in a few years… and my whisk attachment has gone missing for my Kitchen Aid mixer like this one.
- 1 cup THM Baking Blend
- 2 Tablespoons THM Gentle Sweet
- 1 cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt, omit if using salted butter
- 1 8 ounce block cream cheese
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup THM Gentle Sweet
- 2 cups nuts (I used pecans and almonds, toasted and candied)
- ⅛ teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup whipped cream
- In a medium bowl mix baking blend, salt. sweetener and butter until crumbly. I use cold butter and a pastry blender to cut it into the dry ingredients.
- Press into a 9" pie pan and bake at 325 for 20 minutes. Allow to cool
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature. Add yogurt, sweetener, vanilla and molasses and beat until smooth
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese filling and then lightly fold in the nuts
- Chill for 3-4 hours before serving to allow the filling to set.
I toasted the almonds and pecans in 2 TBS of unsalted butter, ¼ tsp of salt and 2 tsp of THM Gentle Sweet in a skillet for 6-8 minutes and allowed them to cool, they become candied this way.
This is a Heavy S if you are following Trim Healthy Mama.</span></span>
Our family has truly been blessed by your purchases through our affiliate links. It helps to cover the costs to maintain this blog and allows me the ability to continue blogging. Thank You.
If you love Pinterest as much as I do here is a pin to save this recipe for later.