So today while prepping food for the week, I decided to try something a little bit different. When I did my 2 week Fuel Cycle in January the admins suggested a couple different ways to make Skinny Chocolate for snacking on the S days (more explanation in Chapter 28 of Trim Healthy Mama
). One was white chocolate filled with lemon curd. I still had a little bit of Raspberry Curd from this recipe and figured PB candy would work really well with it (peanut butter and jelly, well umm YEAH!)
I committed to doing a mini Fuel Cycle for the next few days with Mrs Criddle ( yes, THE Mrs. Criddle, how cool is that? She’s all famous and stuff !! You can check out her blog here) So S treats are needed for tomorrow morning and in the evening Tuesday. Skinny Chocolate is one of the easiest S snacks and it’s a great way to get your coconut oil in.
When doing a Fuel Cycle of any kind you aren’t supposed to use peanut butter, but peanut flour is allowed in limited quantities.
And this is what came from that experiment.
- Calories: 1203
- Fat: 131g
- Saturated fat: 97g
- Unsaturated fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 306mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 11g
- ¼ cup de-fatted peanut flour
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1-2 TBS Truvia (or to taste, I didn't use any and they came out great)
- Grind sweetener in a coffee grinder
- Mix peanut flour and sweetener In a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Melt coconut oil and add to peanut flour.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Fill candy mold about ½ way and place in the freezer
- When Chilled add ¼ tsp of Raspberry Curd to center and pour the remaining candy to cover.
- Place back into the freezer until solid