I’m really excited about this Strawberry Habanero Sopapilla Cheesecake. It’s been a huge hit with our family and I can’t wait to share it with friends really soon.
Brenda over at Texas Brew Salsa shared her Habanero/Chipolte Strawberry Sauce Recipe with me so of course I had to mix up a batch. Oh MY WOW is it amazing!!
Served over some cream cheese with some toasted Joseph’s pita chips it’s a great S snack. I tossed and turned all night thinking of ways that this sauce could be used.
I hadn’t seen a sopapilla cheesecake recipe out there for Trim Healthy Mama, so that became the plan. (wouldn’t ya know it Nana’s Little Kitchen had similar thoughts and we both were working on a sopapilla recipe today)
I guess you write that off to ‘Great Minds think alike’, and yes I’m smiling about it because while we both were thinking along the same lines … We were both uniquely different in our approach.
So here we go!!
Strawberry Habanero Sopapilla Cheesecake
- Serves: 9
- Calories: 255
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Sodium: 307mg
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- 1 recipe Nana's Tassie Crust (divided)
- 12 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 Tablespoons THM Super Sweet Blend (See This conversion chart for other sweeteners)
- ¾ cup Texas Brew Habanero/Chipolte Strawberry Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons THM Super Sweet Blend
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine sweetener and Cinnamon, Set aside. Preheat oven to 350* and spray a 8 x8 pan with coconut oil spray or line with parchment and spray parchment.
- Prepare the Crust Dough per instructions at Nana's Little Kitchen.
- While crust dough is chilling combine super sweet blend, vanilla and cream cheese with an electric mixer.
- Press chilled dough into your pan to form a crust, spread cream cheese mixture over crust and top with Texas Brew Strawberry Habanero Sauce and top with top crust. brush with melted butter and sprinkle with Cinnamon Sweetener Mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
This is the recipe for Texas Brew Habanero/Chipolte Strawberry Sauce.
You can purchase Texas Brew Salsa through their website as well as at Select Heb and Kroger locations. Check out their website to find a store near you!
- Serves: 2½ cups
- Serving size: 2 TBS
- Calories: 255
- Place garlic, salsa and strawberry spread in blender and process until smooth.
- Add fresh strawberries to blender and pulse to combine. Leave it a little chunky for a pretty presentation
You can also change the fruit to raspberries or blackberries.
This sauce works wonderfully with grilled meats and as a dipping sauce. To baste meat just add a couple of tablespoons of butter and it becomes a basting sauce.