Sugar Free Blueberry Curd
I really am enjoying this Sugar Free Blueberry Curd. It made a wonderfully simple breakfast layered with 0% Greek yogurt this morning.
I thought that my Raspberry Curd was the bomb so when blueberries were on sale this week I picked up enough to make this delicious curd or as my step daughter calls it “pudding”.
If you are following a trim and healthy lifestyle like I am; it’s a great way to add a small amount of fat to on plan toast or to top scones with your daily tea. You can check out the Trim Healthy Mama plan if you are interested is seeing how this fits within our way of eating.
Blueberry Curd is slightly tart but it’s smooth texture makes you want to lick the spoon clean. I had never eaten a “curd” until I started my Trim Healthy Mama journey 2 years ago. I’ve successfully lost 65 pounds and countless inches in my journey. Improved my blood sugar and A1c readings. As well as lowered the pain and inflammation from Rheumatoid arthritis. You really should check it out if you haven’t already!!
Blueberries are such a healthy treat, they are full of antioxidants and vitamins and this Blueberry Curd is a great way to incorporate them into your plan!
I rarely buy them unless they are on sale, which is sad. I need to be more intentional about keeping them on hand. The blueberry bush that we planted last year will help I’m sure.
Strawberries are my favorite berry of all. Which berry is your favorite?
I love using Gentle Sweet in things like this but if for some reason you are using a different sweetener you can check out this handy Sweetener Conversion Chart.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add berries, sweetener, egg yolks, and salt. Heat until all sweetener has dissolved and the berries pop.
- Lower heat and cook on low until the mixture has thickened.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Press the mixture through a fine mesh strainer over a small bowl. Press out as much liquid as possible, leaving pulp and seeds in the strainer.
- You can pour the mixture into a different bowl on covered container and allow to cool for 2-3 hours before serving. It will thicken further as it cools.
- Will store for up to 1 month refrigerated
Here’s a pinnable image if you use Pinterest. You may want to check out my Pinterest boards while your there.