I am loving my Instant Pot, it takes the hassle out of making recipes like this Pumpkin Porridge. I was able to put this in my pot and have lunch as well as leftovers for a few days later this week in about 25 minutes start to finish.
I’m finding that my Instant Pot Duo60 just keeps paying for itself with time saved as well as less time in the kitchen, doing clean up and making leftovers aplenty.
I enjoyed this Pumpkin Porridge for lunch today and packed up the rest into single servings so they are grab and go for me. Things have gotten a bit busier as I am helping take care of my grand kids a couple of hours a day and we are figuring out some of Rick’s health issues.
Steel cut oats normally take a long time to become soft and creamy, I’ve only made them in my crock pot before. But my instant pot just made making them SO much easier!! If you don’t have one of these electric pressure cookers it would be well worth it to ask for it for Christmas, your birthday or just because.
I love Steel Cut oats because of their heath benefits, add in some pumpkin which is full of vitamins and minerals, the spices used in pumpkin pie and OH MY!!
I squirted a bit of Fat free Redi whip on top following the Trim Healthy Mama plan this still keeps things in Energizing mode. and drizzled some almond milk over the top to cool things off a bit. As Goldie Locks would tell you porridge has to be “just right” in temperature to enjoy it.
- 2½ cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ cups oatmeal (I used Steel cut)
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar free Brown Sugar (mine was made with Gentle Sweet, adjust as needed.)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Place everything into your instant pot, secure lid and process on Manual high for 3 minutes cooking time. Allow pressure to natural release for 10 min then quick release if needed. If porridge is too firm for your tastes you can place the lid back on and allow to sit for about 5-10 minutes longer.
I plan to add some 0% Greek Yogurt to my leftovers and enjoy them hot or cold, whichever fits that day. You could probably stir some into this while it’s still warm and just say YUM!!
This is one of those no special ingredients recipes that follow Trim Healthy Mama. So come enjoy with me and let me know how you like this Pumpkin Porridge.