I’ve been making this Tricky Tuna Salad for years. It is a family favorite and has been a go to in the heat of summer with a few tweaks here and there which in my book means that it’s got some tricks up it’s sleeve so to speak. It can be a meal in and of itself or paired up with other foods to add some pizazz.
Some of the ways that I use this Tricky Tuna Salad are:
Tuna Noodle Salad
as a Dip for veggies like peppers and celery
Most of the time I make this as an S salad with my 5 Minute Mayo, some celery, onions and eggs. But you can also make this an E salad too !!
To make this an E salad just use cooked egg whites, 0% Greek Yogurt or Body Burn Mayo from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook on page 470.
I love using the Wonder Wraps from the Cookbook as well or these wonderful Sandwich Wraps with a bunch of fresh spinach or lettuce.
Adding a couple of cups of Dreamfields pasta makes this a great chilled salad for a quick lunch or dinner that saves some time when it’s hot outside.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 117
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Sodium: 225mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 12g
- 1 8 ounce package tuna in water (I use the pouches)
- 2 tablespoons onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Body Burn Mayonnaise (THM Cookbook page 470) or 5 Minute Mayo
- ¼ cup egg (boiled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ¼ cup bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 8 ounce can water chestnut, canned (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons dill pickle (chopped)
- Chop the egg, onion, bell pepper, dill pickle and water chestnuts. Add Tuna, Mayo and Mustard. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.