This Creamy Peanut Butter Cup Custard Shake rocked my world as a fast lunch option.
It’s been a while since I have posted one of these custard style shakes. They are a filling and delightful addition on your journey to Trim and Healthy.
This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon or other programs. I do earn a small commission from the sales made through these links; however your price never changes. Your purchases bless our family and help to fund recipe development and the activities of this blog. Thank You!!
Sadly, a lot of mama’s get a bit freaked out thinking about using scrambled egg in them (wink). Honest you do NOT taste them!!
I did lighten this version up a bit as I think i was over doing my protein a bit recently. You can always add 2 eggs if that is what you prefer, but 1 egg seems to do the trick with the added Whey protein powder.
This Peanut Butter Cup Custard Shake was inspired by my Creamy Vanilla Custard Shake (Low Carb, Gluten Free, THM S)
Why I Add Cooked Eggs to my Creamy Custard Shakes
Eggs are a wonderful source of protein. Typically, they are budget friendly and with my instant pot I have steamed eggs readily available.
If you don’t know about steamed eggs you really should check out my post on Steamed Eggs vs Boiled Eggs. (The peels just fall off!!) Check out that post even if you don’t own an instant pot as I give you some other ways to steam your eggs.
Trim Healthy Mama Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
Trim Healthy Mama recently released both chocolate and strawberry whey protein powders, making our shakes just a bit easier with less hassle ingredients that you know are on plan all the time.
Personally, I try to make ingredients like this last as long as I can, because let’s face it we all have budgets. These protein powders along with their Pristine Whey Protein Powder are some of the high quality reasonably priced available (even with the shipping charges).
Do you like to save recipes for later? You can Pin this image to save it!
Or tweet about this recipe to share with your fellow Trim Healthy Mama’s
Peanut Butter Cup Custard Shake Recipe
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 36g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Sodium: 488mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 25g
- Cholesterol: 212mg
- 1 whole egg (can be scrambled in coconut oil or boiled, you can also use ⅓ cup carton egg whites if the scrambled eggs freak you out)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 dash THM Mineral Salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons THM Super Sweet Blend
- 2 Tablespoons THM Peanut Flour (de fatted)
- ⅛ cup THM Chocolate Whey (or THM Pristine Whey Protein Powder + 2 Tbs dark Cocoa powder)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- ½ teaspoon THM Glucomannan "Gluccie"
- 1 cup ice
- Scramble eggs in coconut oil and allow to cool to room temperature
- Add eggs, almond milk, mineral salt, vanilla extract, sweetener and peanut flour to your blender, blend until smooth.
- With blender running drizzle the coconut oil (it will emulsify as it's blending.
- Add Ice and process, sprinkle glucomannan as it's blending to allow it to "Fluff"