Scotch eggs sure seem like they would take a lot of work, but for me I make 4 at a time so that I have a quick grab and go breakfast. I used to make a lot more than that.
My boys always loved when I made scotch eggs. There is something magical about biting into a sausage ball and finding a hard cooked egg inside, especially for a child.
How Scotch Eggs Fit Into My Trim Healthy Mama Journey
I’ve always had to fight with myself about making sure that I actually eat breakfast. I know that’s such a horrible habit to have to break. Personally, it is still a “mental” issue that I have to battle. Scotch eggs help in that they are a quick ready to go protein source. * gentle reminder* Remember those greens.
I can steam or saute some spinach crack open a scotch egg and that’s it! If you are really on the run — grab a scotch egg and some earth milk — Done!
Scotch eggs are going to fall into the satisfying category of meals for THM.
Scotch Eggs Require No Special Ingredients
I love that these can be made without any special ingredients — if you don’t have baking blend– don’t sweat it!! Just wrap the sausage around the egg and seal it up.
I’ve made turkey sausage from this Turkey Sausage Patties recipe or you can use store bought sausage.
I steam my eggs in my Instant Pot but you can check out 4 different ways to Steam Eggs here
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1 egg
- Calories: 378
- Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Sodium: 126mg
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 294mg
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 hard-cooked eggs (shelled)
- ½ cup Mama's Bake & Fry Mix (or ¼ cup THM Baking Blend)
- Combine sausage, parsley, onion, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Divide sausage mixture into 4 portions; shape into patties.
- Place one egg atop each patty, shaping the sausage mixture around egg till completely covered. Roll each sausage-covered egg in bake & fry mix. Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.