This Wild Blueberry Cobbler Smoothie is a great way to start your day!!
Packed with all of the natural goodness of wild blueberries it is sure to become one of your favorites!
Disclosure: By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the Wild Blueberry Association of North America and I am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Most of us are aware of blueberries especially while following a Trim and Healthy way of eating. Blueberries play a key role in following “the plan”.
I love using my pre cooked oats that I make in my instant pot at the beginning of the week to make smoothies like this wild blueberry cobbler smoothie. by soaking my oats and precooking them I have them ready to go for this and other recipes all week long. Gotta get those energizing meals and snacks in!!
Did you know that there are two different types of blueberries? Cultivated and Wild.
Cultivated Blueberries are the ones we find most often in the produce department while they still have similar health benefits, Wild blueberries are the better choice and can be found in the frozen foods section of your local grocery store.
Why Wild Blueberries Are Special
A More Intense Blueberry Flavor:
- Wild Blueberries have a more intense flavor than cultivated blueberries.
- Wild Blueberry plants grow wild and are genetically diverse with thousands of interlocking plants spreading naturally across fields called barrens.
- It’s this diversity that gives Wild Blueberries their complex and delicious flavor. They have an extraordinary mix of tart and sweet.
Have you ever picked Wild Blueberries?
Leader in Antioxidants:
- Wild Blueberries have twice (2x) the antioxidant capacity of larger, cultivated blueberries.
- A growing body of research shows the potential health benefits of Wild Blueberries including gut health, diabetes, cancer and brain health.
Which is a good reason that they are nicknamed “the brainy berry”.
Frozen at Harvest:
- The Wild Blueberry crop (99% of it) is frozen.
- These potent little berries are individually quick-frozen (IQF) at harvest, locking in their nutrition and taste.
- It’s nature’s pause button. We can easily keep wild blueberries in the menu rotation because of this.
- Wild Blueberries come from a special place. They are called “Wild” because they are.
- Wild Blueberries are not planted.
- They occur naturally in barrens and fields in Maine and Eastern Canada that have been there for 10,000 years.
- You can find Wild Blueberries in the frozen fruit section of your local grocery store; just make sure the package says “Wild.”
*Information provided in this section is from The Wild Blueberry Association of North America.
You can find the Wild Blueberry Association Around the Web
Sponsor Website: http://www.wildblueberries.com/
Why I Love Wild Blueberries
I have included wild blueberries in my journey since the beginning. Wild foods speak to the “wanna be crunchy side” of my personality in so many ways.
By using “wild’ ingredients I’m much more comfortable with my choices as well as knowing that these berries have been around for 10,000 years.
The fact that I can now find quality products like this in the freezer department of my local grocery just makes my inner drive thru sue happy.
So come on over and join me in making these healthy Wild Blueberry Cobbler Smoothies to get our “trim” on.
Here’s the Recipe for My Wild Blueberry Cobbler Smoothie
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1 glass
- Calories: 251
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Sodium: 819mg
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 16g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- ½ cup cooked oatmeal (I used old fashioned oats)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup 1% cottage cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sweetener (I used a Stevia Erythritol Blend)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup wild blueberries (frozen)
- 1½ cups ice
- Place cooked oats and almond milk into blender, process until smooth. Add all other ingredients and process until smooth.