Lately I’ve been craving sandwich cookies (Oreo’s). Not good!! I’ve tried a few of the recipes that are floating around the internet and couldn’t find one that worked for us. Of course there aren’t any pre-made with low carb flours or stevia as the sweetener, so I had to find a way to make my own sugar-free sandwich cookies.
These Sugar-Free Sandwich Cookies cure that cookie craving.
You can dunk them in milk, twist them apart and lick the centers or crumble them up to put use in a variety of other recipes. These sugar-free sandwich cookies really hit the spot when craving those sugar filled iconic cookies
Rick is one of those guys that if there is a package of cookies in the house they don’t last long. He will dunk them in his coffee, grab a few while watching TV and also wants them tucked into his lunch box. So a low carb sugar-free sandwich cookie is a must around here.
I have 2 different size whoopie pans, a regular one and a mini one like this one(affiliate). The nice thing about using pans like this is that all the cookies come out the same size and shape.
- Calories: 2627
- Fat: 216g
- Saturated fat: 107g
- Unsaturated fat: 96g
- Trans fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 138g
- Sugar: 72g
- Sodium: 422mg
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 52g
- Cholesterol: 589mg
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3 Tbs Sweetener, I used Pyure Organic Stevia All Purpose Sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch high-mineral sea salt
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup psyillium husks
- ¼ cup protein powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, I used Hershey's Dark
- 3 Tbs butter, softened
- 3 Tbs palm shortening, I used Spectrum
- 2 Tbs powdered sweetener
- 2 Tbs protein powder
- 3 Tbs heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter, egg, vanilla and sweetener.
- Add the sea salt, almond flour,psyillium husks, protein powder and cocoa powder to the creamed mixture and place 1-2 tsp in wells of a well greased mini whoopie pan.
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes
- Allow cookies to cool completely on a rack.
- Beat all ingredients with mixer until light and fluffy.
I used Pyure Organic Stevia, All Purpose Sweetener and psyillium husks because I am out of the THM Sweet Blend and oat fiber until my order comes in.
I’m excited that the new THM Baking Blend is also in that order. If you need THM supplies, you can order from my affiliate link without it increasing your costs and I will earn a small commission.
This is the link for the mini whoopie pan, it can also be used for cake push ups.