I’m so excited to share this Sweet and Spicy Sugar Free BBQ Sauce !!
It’s not often that My husband or my children ask me to spend extra time in the kitchen, they know I spend hours there already. But when we pulled the ribs from the freezer this morning, My husband asked me to please make BBQ sauce that fits with our Trim Healthy Lifestyle so you bet I bee-lined into the kitchen to make this.
This Sweet and Spicy Sugar Free BBQ Sauce takes about 10 minutes to put together if that, and it can be stored in the fridge for about 1 week.
The recipe makes 2 cups and since it really doesn’t have a carb source or a fat source you can use it in a satisfying meal or an energizing one based on the Trim Healthy Mama principles.
Just remember that tomatoes do add up so be mindful of that when figuring out your sides and protein sources.
This is how I made Sweet and Spicy Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 8
- Calories: 31
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 243mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 8oz can water
- 2 TBS brown sugar replacement (I use the one from Gwen's Nest)
- 2 TBS prepared mustard
- 2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp high mineral salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp dried oregano
- 3 TBS onion, I used dried minced
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- Combine everything except the xanthan gum in a small sauce pan and heat while whisking.
- Allow sauce to reduce slightly, add xanthan gum while whisking constantly to avoid lumps .
- Turn off heat and whisk for a few more minutes... sauce will thicken as it cools