I love fried ice cream and since it is National Ice Cream Month my posts wouldn’t be complete without this Matcha Fried Ice Cream !
Matcha is an ingredient we don’t hear a lot about in the Trim Healthy Mama Facebook Group. It is a wonderful green tea that is used in Japanese tea ceremonies as well as in a lot of their dessert recipes.It has lots of antioxidants and is a very healthy addition to your tea collection.
Green tea is often mentioned within the pages of the Trim Healthy Mama book, however it seems to get overlooked, I’m not quite sure why.
Matcha has a high content of ECGC which helps with weight loss, energy levels etc.
OK I’m rambling… Back to the Matcha Fried Ice Cream
This recipe is great, it has built-in portion control as well as you won’t even know you are eating healthy ice cream! With hints of creamy vanilla and cinnamon and a sweet crunchy shell.
and broke it up a little more than it was supposed to be.
I did save the bigger “chunks” to feed my cereal addiction …
I made Matcha Ice Cream in my Ice Cream Maker and froze it into scoops (About 1 hour).
Then I rolled the frozen scoops in the cereal crumbs and froze them for about 15 minutes or until ready to be served.
- Serving size: 8
- Calories: 84
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Unsaturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 89mg
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- ½ cup 1% cottage cheese
- ¼ cup THM Gentle Sweet (1/8 cup THM Sweet Blend)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup egg whites
- 1 TBS vegetable glycerine, optional
- 2 TBS vodka, optional
- Make the Cinnamon Crunch Cereal from All Day I Dream About Food.
- Place ice cream ingredients into your blender and process until smooth.
- Pour Batter into Ice Cream Freezer, according to manufacturers directions.
- Process until soft serve consistency.
- Place scoops of ice cream onto a chilled baking sheet and place into the freezer.
- Allow to freeze for 1 hour.
- Roll hardened scoops in cereal crumbs and place back into the freezer until ready to be served.
I feel truly blessed when you purchase through my affiliate links, the money from those sales goes back into this blog and my blogging activities. Thank You!!
Recommended Products from Amazon: