This Baked Brie and Berries will help you celebrate Valentine’s day with your love that much sweeter.
Making this Baked Brie and Berries is super easy. It’s a tasty treat that fits perfectly into my Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle. And what better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than to make one of these and share with my husband, because let’s face it what man doesn’t love cheese. And it’s the anniversary of our first date.
Baked Brie and Berries will fit into the satisfying meal category of Trim Healthy Mama for sure because it certainly isn’t a low-fat cheese. So I had to make sure that the crust had minimal carbs so that it didn’t go into a crossover.
This is a special treat for my husband I because too much of a good thing like this and it can really stall your weight loss. I did add a bit of Slim Belly Jelly from page 478 the New Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook or Page 411 of the Original Trim Healthy Mama (Paperback).
You could also use Polaner All Fruit Strawberry Fruit Spread or one of these on plan jellies and preserves
If you use any type of fruit other than berries this becomes a crossover, not off plan but also not as conducive to weight loss.
(yeah I had to put that in there for those of us who might be tempted to use peaches, apples or pears)
For the crust of this Baked Brie and Berries I used the crust recipe from my Sugar Free Vinegar Pie
and added 1 TBS of Pyure Organic Stevia All Purpose Sweetener to give it a sweeter profile to pair with the richness of the cheese.
(I’m also thinking something similar to this Baked Brie would be amazing in a savory setting.)
Here’s My Recipe for Baked Brie and Berries, I hope you enjoy it!!
- Serving size: 8
- Calories: 164
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Unsaturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 275mg
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- 1 8oz wheel of Brie Cheese
- 2 TBS THM Slim Belly Jelly (or Sugar Free Fruit Spread)
- 1 cup THM Baking Blend, Sifted
- ¼ cup Butter, softened and cut into cubes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar, optional
- 2-3 TBS cold water ( I use iced water)
- 1 TBS THM Gentle Sweet or ½ TBS Pyure Organic Stevia All Purpose Sweetener
- ½ tsp THM Super Sweet Blend or Pyure Organic Stevia All Purpose Sweetener (for topping)
- Mix Baking Blend and salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until particles are size of small peas. Mix vinegar with water. Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all blend is moistened and pastry almost leaves side of bowl (1 to 2 teaspoons more water can be added if necessary). Gather pastry into a ball. Dust rolling surface with baking blend. Shape into flattened round on lightly dusted surface. Wrap flattened round of pastry in plastic wrap and refrigerate about 45 minutes or until dough is firm and cold, yet pliable.
- Preheat oven to 350^ F.
- Roll Pastry between 2 pieces of parchment paper into a 8-10" circle.
- Remove Brie from wrapper
- Place Brie on the pastry circle.
- Spoon 2 TBS of Jelly on top of the brie wheel.
- Fold dough around Brie. Cut and form Pastry as needed, you can seal breaks in the pastry by pressing it back together.
- (roll out scraps and cut decorative elements from this to place on top of covered cheese wheel.)
- Place decorative pastry elements on top of sealed wheel.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp THM Super Sweet Blend or Pyure on finished Crust
- Bake until golden or approximately 20 minutes at 350^ F
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring to serving plate.
*** Serve with Additional Berries or Swiss Crackers from the Trim Healthy Mama CookBook
**** This is an S treat for those following a Trim and Healthy Lifestyle.