I love Red Velvet Cake and have been searching high and low for a recipe to make a single serve version without any luck. So this morning I decided to take matters into my own hands and make one.
It’s moist and has just the right texture… The cream cheese frosting was a little loose but as it slid down the sides of the cake it was just begging for a fork to dive right in!
( I love my THM Baking Blend it has become a staple ingredient in our home and in my baking. Honestly it doesn’t really save a lot of money to make your own, but each of us must make our own choices in what we purchase or not.)
This Red Velvet Cake for One is slightly larger than a Muffin in a Mug, you may want to use a soup mug like this Corningware French White Pop-Ins 20-Ounce Mug if you don’t have a 4″ silicone pan.
Because of it’s size it does take a bit longer to cook, I had to microwave mine for 2 minutes for it to be done, however my microwave is only 900 watts so check yours after 90 seconds or so to make sure it doesn’t over cook. You can also bake these in the oven at 350 for about 8-10 minutes.
I used the cream cheese glosting from the new Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook on page 289 and substituted almond milk for the lemon juice (probably why it was a little loose). But I actually kind of liked it that way, so will do it again and again.
If you haven’t purchased the new cookbook you really should it is chalk full of great recipes that are easy to prepare and tasty!
Here is the Red Velvet Cake for One Recipe
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 234
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Unsaturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 220mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 186mg
- 1 Egg slightly beaten
- 2 tsp THM Gentle Sweet (or your favorite on plan sweetener)
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract or ¼ tsp Cherry Extract
- 1 TBS Melted Coconut Oil or Butter
- 3 TBS THM Baking Blend (or your preferred blend)
- 2 tsp Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp red food coloring (I used wilton gel coloring)
- 1-2 TBS Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
- See the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook page 289
- Beat egg slightly
- Add sweetener extract, beat to combine.
- Add cocoa powder, THM Baking Blend, baking powder, 1-2 TBS of almond milk, and oil stir to combine. Stir in the apple cider vinegar.
- Add food coloring and stir until batter is uniform in color.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds to 2 minutes or until cake is done. Can also be baked in the oven at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Do Not OVERBAKE.
We are so very blessed that so many of you have purchased through our affiliate link. It truly helps keep this blog functioning and allows me to continue my blogging adventures. Thank You!!