Cookie Dough Candies
These Cookie Dough Candies are going to save me from off plan treats this Easter!!
Easter has always been a hard holiday for me to stay away from candy, these Cookie Dough Candies are really going to help keep me on plan. They are super rich and satisfying so it only takes one or two to curb that candy craving.
I love these chips for so very many reasons.
They make it easier for my baking to come out with a more traditional taste and look. They are inexpensive and easy to keep on hand in the freezer for whenever I want some baking chips.
It will not take you long to make these candies. The longest time that is needed is the chilling time when you add it all up, it totals about 15 to 30 minutes. I used to make candy with my children when they were younger and the process really gets much easier the more often that you make recipes like this one. The memories that you make are for a lifetime.
I’m a huge believer in family traditions and these cookie dough candies are going to become the new tradition for my husband and myself. Healthy choices aren’t nearly as hard when there are bloggers and Mama’s that share their creativity within the Trim Healthy Mama Community.
May your Holidays and Journeys be blessed.
This Post May contain Amazon and other affiliate links for products and services that I do believe in. I do earn a small commission from your purchases through these links. Your prices do not change in any way and your purchases are a blessing to our family both now and in the future. Thank you so very much for your support!!
The Cookie Dough Candies Recipe:
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia (or ¼ cup super sweet that has been powdered)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon caramel extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup THM Peanut Flour (de fatted)
- ½ cup Lily's Chocolate Chips (or these Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Chips)
- 8 ounces Lily's Chocolate Chips (or these Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Chips)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Combine the sweetener, unsalted butter, cream cheese, almond milk, extracts, salt, coconut and peanut flours until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Shape dough into egg shapes and freeze for about 3-5 minutes or until firm.
- Combine ingredients in a small microwave safe bowl, heat on high power for 1 minute. Stir, if all of the chips are not melted heat in 15 second intervals stirring in between until melted.
- You can dip the egg shapes into melted chocolate and place on a parchment lined baking sheet in the freezer until firm and chocolate is set. Alternately, you can use candy molds by pouring about 1 tsp of melted chocolate into an egg shaped mold and turning until lightly coated, freeze until set, place a center in the shell and then cover with chocolate. freeze until set.