OHH am I doing a Happy Dance for this Homemade Pasta Dough!!
With this Pasta Dough
I can make my grandma’s tuna noodle casserole and stay on plan…
I can make beef tips and noodles and stay on plan…
I can make Ravioli!!
and yes I will share those recipes soon !!
It really is time to celebrate!!
If you have been reading this blog for a while you know that I follow the Trim Healthy Mama Plan.
I know that Dreamfields pasta is plan approved for some on plan meals, but it’s recommended that it only be used once a week for weight loss. Some mama’s have issues with it spiking their blood sugar so it really needs to be used in moderation. You can read more about the different convenience items that are plan approved in the Trim Healthy Mama Plan Book.
I do enjoy the Not Naughty Noodles from the THM Store but personally, I only like them in Asian inspired dishes because of their texture and the smell well yeah you can keep that!! And Rick won’t eat them due to the texture, so that makes it hard to make them for dinner.
Back to the Homemade Pasta Dough
I’ve tried other low carb pasta recipes and honestly they all had that icky slime factor or they disintegrated into nothingness when you cook them. (talk about wasting ingredients)
so here’s the recipe that I used, it makes 8 servings of pasta and came together quickly. I did try to put it through my pasta cutter like this one… without luck, so yeah don’t use this for this recipe.
I’m still working on ways to use this kitchen tool as it’s near and dear to my heart, I inherited it from my Grandma.
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: ½ cup
- Calories: 28
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Sodium: 518mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Beat eggs well in your food processor. Mix the Gluccie, oat fiber, baking powder and other dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add the dry to the wet and mix to combine. It will be crumbly like pie dough.
- Add broth, mix until well combined
- Take the dough out of the processor and form it into a disc and let rest for 5-7 minutes
- Roll dough between parchment to cut noodles or process through a meat grinder, potato ricer or pasta ext-ruder
- Refrigerate formed homemade pasta for at least an hour
- This Homemade pasta will keep for up to 5 days in refrigerator. These do freeze well if separated and placed between wax paper sheets.
- When cooking bring water to a boil with salt; add pasta and cook for 2-3 minutes. It can also be baked in the oven or pan fried in butter. (pan frying or baking removes the slime possibility)
I love organizing my recipes over on Pinterest so if you are a pinning Mama here’s the one that I am using.
If you need Trim Healthy Mama Supplies we always appreciate the blessings that your purchases through our affiliate links bring.