I had a hard time picking a name for this Pumpkin Crumble. It almost became autumn crisp cereal, but I figured since it has pumpkin in it and it tastes like the crumble topping from a muffin it deserved the Pumpkin Crumble name.
If you don’t have those ingredients you can buy them here from my affiliate link or I will give you some substitutions that will also work …(every mama needs her cereal) … I’ve made this both ways and honestly I prefer it with the THM Products.
As many of you know I love my cold cereals… they make for a quick and easy trimming breakfast that doesn’t wake everyone up with a blender going… and hey let’s face it a bowl of cereal is good anytime of day as a meal or as a snack.
If you haven’t checked out my Peanut Butter Crunch you might want to…
either of these cereals would be great mixed up into your cup of yogurt for a satisfying snack that doesn’t add to your waistline.
Back to the Pumpkin Crumble Cereal….
This crumble is sweetly spiced and baked so that it can stand up in your milk, I’d suggest using the Foundation milk recipe from the new cookbook on page 439 or whichever on plan milk you choose to use.
I’ve mixed this into my Jigglegurt another recipe from the new cookbook (page 348 ) and topped some on plan tummy tucking ice cream with it… Yes it has many uses … gotta love a recipe that works in a bunch of yummy ways.
So Here’s the recipe…
- 2 TBS THM Super Sweet Blend or ¼ cup THM Gentle Sweet
- ⅓ cup chopped almonds, pecans or walnuts
- 2 TBS THM Baking Blend
- ¼ cup whey protein
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil, softened
- 2 TBS Pumpkin Puree not pie mix
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine sweetener chopped nuts, baking blend, whey protein, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder.
- Cut in the butter(coconut oil) and the pumpkin puree until crumbly
- Dump onto a rimmed baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- It will look like it has baked into a blob…. Let cool for 2 minutes and stir with a fork to break into crumbles, it will crisp up as it cools.