Sugar Free Waldorf Slaw
This Sugar Free Waldorf Slaw recipe brings a unique twist to your meal.
It makes a great energizing side dish if you are following a Trim and Healthy lifestyle. It’s sweet and tangy taste helps satisfy you sweet tooth while adding the health benefits of green apples, cabbage and greek yogurt to your plate.
It’s a great topper for a turkey sandwich on Simple Sour Dough or bread made from this Sprouted Wheat Dough. I’ve also had this on lettuce wraps just to keep it simple and sane while following the Trim Healthy Mama Plan.
This Sugar Free Waldorf Slaw requires only wholesome fresh foods from your local grocer making it super budget friendly and easy!
You could even use it as a base for chicken salad by adding 3 ounces of shredded grilled chicken and serving as mentioned above.
I love that I can incorporate simple and easy recipes like this Sugar Free Waldorf Slaw into my weight loss journey while fueling my body with yummy recipes like this one as well as many from both the Original Trim Healthy Mama Book and the New Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook.
For me these books were a budget friendly life altering addition to my cookbook collection and an approachable way to control my type 2 diabetes while still making meals that my whole family enjoys!
In the two years that I have been following Trim Healthy Mama I have lost over 55 pounds, lowered my A1c as well as reduced inflammation from Rheumatoid Arthritis, lowered my cholesterol and have found energy that was severely lacking in my life pre THM.
I do use some of the special ingredients that are offered through the Trim Healthy Mama Website. Because they are high quality ingredients that are reasonably priced. Some of my favorites are:
- 2 cups Granny Smith apple, chopped (This was 2 whole apples)
- 4 cups shredded cabbage, or 1 package coleslaw mix
- ½ cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Pyure Organic Stevia, All Purpose Sweetener, or THM Sweet Blend
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Whisk together yogurt, sweetener, apple cider vinegar, salt, black pepper, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg. Set aside.
- 2. Shred cabbage, cut up the apples and add to a large mixing bowl.
- 3. Pour dressing mixture over cabbage and apples. Toss to combine.
- 4. refridgerate for 2 hours. Toss toasted walnuts with slaw just before serving.