Sugarless Hummingbird Bars
I love these sugarless hummingbird bars. They kick my craving for hummingbird cake right to the curb in a healthy way.
Being a sugarless treat that follows along with my Trim Healthy Mama way of eating, they are going to be on a monthly meal rotation for our family.
Sadly, my son Shane lost his job and has decided to move back to Kentucky where he has friends and some of my family nearby. I’m going to miss him a lot and my mama’s heart is worried about him. But I have to have faith in his decisions and know that God will watch over him in his endeavors. I also know that this sweet treat will help me control those urges to eat emotionally as I adjust to my children being a fair distance away.
This is motivation for Rick and I to get the camper road worthy so I can go visit.
Back back to the hummingbird bars…
They are packed full of veggie goodness, are moist and delicious. I love that they use garden fresh zucchini in not 1 but 2 different ways in these bars.
I made some Sugarless Faux Pineapple based on a recipe from a dear friend that works magically in these bars to help keep them moist and delicious. It adds the pineapple taste and is honestly yummy straight from the jar.
Add in a bit of coconut, cinnamon and some optional pecans and Ta Da… Hummingbird Bars!
- 1½ cups THM Baking Blend
- ¾ cup THM Gentle Sweet
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/16 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup zucchini (grated)
- 1½ cups Faux Pineapple (drained)
- ¼ cup juice from faux pineapple/ or Water
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sweetener, coconut, baking soda, baking powder, slat and spices.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs, oil and vanilla; add wet to dry and stir until combined. Add zuchinni and faux pineapple and stir until batter reaches the correct consistency.
- Pour Batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- For the Frosting
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy. Add powdered sweetener and beat until combined then beat in the vanilla.
I love my 13 x 9 baking sheet like this one, it works amazingly well in my toaster oven to bake cakes, cookies and just about anything else. I am thinking that I need to invest in a couple more of these before fall comes for my holiday baking.