I’ve been working on this Pumpkin Pie Cake for a couple of months.
This Pumpkin Pie cake is pretty awesome,using an oat fiber cake as the base allows for a great texture without overloading on calories or carbs.
The first time made this cake the center fell on me… and that was with a traditional cake mix, sweetened condensed milk and bunch of eggs.
My son George loves pumpkin pie, if given the chance he would eat it for all his meals. He asks for it instead of cake every year for his birthday.
I know the the color looks a little weird in the photos which I believe is because I used liquid pumpkin spice extract instead of the spices, think next time I will use the dry spices.
I did top this with a caramel sauce from here. (If you have dogs be careful as xylitol is toxic to them) This is my favorite caramel sauce, because it’s easy and stores well.
The cake is a little messy so make sure you are plating it on a platter with a rim. I used a silicone bundt mold like this one to bake it in. (I love my silicone pans when baking with alternative flours, they make un-molding the cakes SO much easier)
I used the Trim Healthy Mama oat fiber to make this pumpkin pie cake, you can find it in the Trim Healthy Mama Store (we appreciate when you purchase through our affiliate link)
This set of silicone pans is reasonably priced and would be a great investment in your THM journey. Especially with the holidays approaching.I have struggled with this recipe only because coconut four tends to absorb huge amounts of liquid and it really gave me some headaches. This cake is moist and sweet and the pumpkin layer is rich and creamy and honestly this type of dessert is one that can win a non THM over because it tastes just like the non THM version.
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 12
- Calories: 459
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Unsaturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Sugar: 28g
- Sodium: 367mg
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- 1½ cups oat fiber
- 1½ TBS collagen
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup THM Gentle Sweet or Pyure organic stevia all purpose sweetener(1/4 cup THM Super Sweet Blend)
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs + 4 egg whites (2/3 cup carton kind)
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS melted coconut oil or butter
- For the Pumpkin Pie Custard
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs + 4 yolks
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup THM Gentle Sweet or Pyure organic stevia all purpose sweetener (1/4 cup THM Super Sweet Blend)
- 1 TBS pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray Bundt Pan with coconut oil and place into a 13x9 pan that will be filled with water.
- Combine the oat fiber, collagen, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda and spices in a medium bowl, whisk to combine and add air to the dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, egg whites, almond milk and combine with dry ingredients until smooth, add coconut oil. Set aside.
- Mix pumpkin, sweetener, cream, eggs, egg yolks and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour the pumpkin pie mixture into the pan, gently add the cake batter on top of the pie layer,DO NOT stir.... fill the 13x9 pan with water and place into the preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes at 350.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool in the refrigerator for 3 hours, un-mold cake onto serving platter and drizzle with caramel sauce if desired.
** you can substitute psyillium husks for oat fiber.