Everyone Needs Blueberry Muffins in their life !
These simple yet delicious blueberry muffins are a great way to start the day. I normally grab one with my coffee and get the day started. This simple recipe doesn’t call for any of the new THM baking blend and is easy to assemble with ingredients that us Trim and Healthy Ladies keep in our pantries.
Combined with my Trimachinno Rich from Trim Healthy Mama these satisfying blueberry muffins get your metabolism revved and ready to go first thing in the morning. You can also enjoy one of them as a snack.
This recipe was converted from a Mama on one of the THM Facebook boards in an effort to help her stay on plan. It is dense and has blueberries, but you really could make them with any type of berry so that they stay in S mode and do not become a crossover.
I really enjoyed making these and Rick has asked me to make them again soon. The recipe makes 12 standard size muffins which normally lasts us a few days.
They freeze well and travel well without any added topping or glaze. They aren’t overly sweet and the addition of oats helps to bump up the protein although I have been known to crumble one over some Greek yogurt or into a bowl and top it with some almond milk.
(my cereal habit strikes again…)
Here’s the recipe if you’d like to try these Blueberry Muffins:
- ½ cup oat fiber
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 2 TBS golden flax meal
- 1 TBS xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 TBS Pyure Organic Stevia, All Purpose Sweetener
- 1 TBS Sugar Free Brown Sugar (Gwen's Nest)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup blueberries
- Combine the oat fiber, almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal,baking powder, salt, sweetener, brown sugar replacement oats and xanthan gum in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add egg, coconut oil and almond milk. Stir to combine.
- Add blueberries and lightly stir into batter.
- Fill greased muffin tins with ¼ cup batter per well.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until tooth pick in center comes out clean.