Nutty Butter Snack Cakes
These nutty butter snack cakes were a huge hit with my husband and son just like the chocolate snack cakes from this post. The first thing Rick did when he got home from work was to grab one and start eating it. He didn’t ask if it was “diet food” and he got a huge smile on his face after the first bite. The cakes aren’t real sweet but the icing and filling round out the sweetness in a way that is sure to please.
They are a fun healthy treat and don’t contain any wheat flour. They are made with cannellini beans and peanut flour!! I’m sure you could swap out the peanut flour for almond flour if need be.
I can enjoy these along with my Trim Healthy Mama sisters in an S setting even though they are made with beans, just keep the serving size to 1 cake. They don’t spike my blood sugar and would be great packed into a lunch box for a sweet surprise.
I frosted these with this recipe from A Home With A Purpose
The Recipe for Nutty Butter Snack Cakes
- 1 15 oz can canelli beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 eggs + ⅔ cup egg whites
- ¼ cup defatted peanut flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 TBS coconut oil
- 2 tsp peanut butter extract or vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup organic stevia sweetener blend
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place all ingredients into blender and process on high for 3-5 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan cavities.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes