These Crispy Curly Turnip Strings are another great Irish Pub Food!
I think these are going to be a new favorite of mine. They are light and crispy, taste great and add a nice crunch to salads, soups and casseroles.
Turnips are really low in carbohydrates as well as fat, so if they are sprayed lightly with coconut oil and roasted in the oven, then basically they are low fat and low carb which makes them awesome for my way of eating.
If you follow Trim Healthy Mama like I do then you know that low-fat and low carb dishes are fuel pulls which makes this mama pretty happy!!
I used my spiral slicer to get the turnips into strings this is the one I have, if you don’t have a table top sprializer, you can use your hand-held troodle/zoodle maker, the strings will just be shorter.
Here’s a photo of the one I have..
You could also use the Troodle Maker from Trim Healthy Mama.
- 1-2 whole turnips, peeled
- Coconut oil spray
- Salt or other seasoning, these may change the fuel type for THM's
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel and wash turnips.
- if using a hand held spiral slicer, cut turnips in ½
- process the turnips through the slicer. Place turnip strings on a parchment lined baking sheet and spray lightly with coconut oil.
- Bake turnip string for 25 minutes, stirring once during cooking time. until lightly browned.
I really hope you will try these Crispy Curly Turnip Strings!
We always appreciate when you purchase through our affiliate links!
Thank you for Blessing our family!