These Jalapeno Mustard Eggs are an interesting twist on traditional pickled eggs.
Adding a bit of zip and zing to your deviled eggs and egg salad.
These jalapeno mustard eggs make an easy snack, add a touch of interest to your salads and are just plain fun!
This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon or other programs. I do earn a small commission from the sales made through these links; however your price never changes.
Pickled eggs are something that my kids always thought were a bit weird, especially when we used beet juice which turned the eggs pink.
Adding turmeric and prepared mustard to these makes them turn anywhere from a pale to bright yellow making them perfect for a holiday table.
Adding Fermented Foods into Your Journey
Adding fermented foods into your Trim Healthy Mama journey is something that crunchy mama’s do from the beginning while other mama’s take a bit of time to introduce these jalapeno mustard eggs, homemade greek yogurt, milk kefir, sauerkraut or kombucha tea .
The new Trim Healthy Table Cookbook has a bunch of recipes that include dairy and non dairy kefir, beet kavvas and other fermented and cultured foods. You should check them out as some are easily prepared or can be purchased at the local grocery for the drive thru Sue.
Why Add Jalapeno to Mustard Eggs
I add fresh jalapeno to traditional mustard eggs to help increase my internal body temperature as well as speed up my metabolism. small changes and additions of these types of ingredients can help a sluggish metabolism as well as keep you a bit warmer in cooler weather.
Jalapeno Mustard Eggs Recipe
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1 egg
- Calories: 78
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Sodium: 117mg
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 212mg
- 12 large egg (boiled and peeled)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno (seeded and chopped)
- ½ cup onion, sliced thinly
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- ⅓ cup Pyure, Granular All Purpose Sweetener (or THM Gentle Sweet)
- Boil, Steam or prepare your eggs in the Instant Pot.
- Wearing gloves; seed and chop 1 small jalapeno and slice your onion .
- Peel eggs and layer in a 1 qt mason jar with chopped jalapeno and onion.
- In a small sauce pan bring ACV, water, mustard and sweetener to a boil.
- Pour hot liquid over eggs leaving ¼" head space. Place lid on jar and refrigerate for 1-2 days before serving.