These Pumpkin Print Cookies are an awesome healthy snack! Studded with pieces of ginger from sugar free ginger marmalade they speak “fall is in the air”.
Pumpkin print cookies are a wonderful treat that I can pack into my husband’s lunch and not worry that he is hitting the candy machine. With just enough sweet spice to cure that craving for a soft textured cookie that is almost cake like.
This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon or other programs. I do earn a small commission from the sales made through these links; however your price never changes.
Healthy Pumpkin Print Cookies that Fit in your Trim Healthy Lifestyle
Pumpkin and Ginger go hand in hand during fall baking season. these healthy cookies are a wonderful way to “treat yourself to trim”.
I love following the Trim Healthy Mama plan to help control my blood sugar as well as my husband’s.
For the last few years this lifestyle has opened up paths to new and exciting recipes such as these cookies. Finding alternatives to wheat based flours and healthier sweetening choices has been a life saver for my sweet loving husband. He won’t give up his cookies, pies or chocolate.
But following this plan has allowed us to enjoy all of those things and more not only at home, but when we are on the run, working or just visiting with family and friends. I constantly get asked to bring treats like this Brownie Caramel Cake, my The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies, and these wonderful Sugar Free Chocolate Snack Cakes to family gatherings as well as work outings.
How I Studded these Pumpkin Prints Cookies with Ginger
I made this Simply Scrumptious Ginger Marmalade and these cookies came to mind for me. they sure didn’t last long as my husband loved the soft cake like texture with just the right amount of pumpkin spice balanced with pieces of ginger from the marmalade.
Pumpkin Print Cookies Recipe
- Serves: 9
- Serving size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 121
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Sodium: 218mg
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- 1 cup THM Oat Fiber
- 3 Tablespoons THM Integral Collagen
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon perfect pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon THM Mineral Salt
- ½ cup soft butter
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup Low Carb Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, whole
- ginger marmalade
- In a Small bowl combine oat fiber, collagen,almond meal baking soda, xanthan gum and mineral salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl cream the butter, shortening and sweetener. Add eggs 1 at a time beating to combine add extract .
- Slowly combine dry ingredients with wet, beating on low speed with a hand mixer until a soft dough forms.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. using a teaspoon form 1 inch balls of dough and place on a parchment or sil pat lined cookie sheet. Flatten dough balls to ¼" (they do not spread when baking) and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Your visits to this page and purchases bless our family and help to fund recipe development and the activities of this blog. Thank You!!