With these Low Carb Croutons I don’t have to miss out!! Can we get a YAY!!!
I go through cycles where I want croutons and sometimes I don’t. But these low carb croutons make me want to have them more often than not. Adding a bit of crunch to my salad and making it that much more satisfying.
These low carb croutons were made with a batch of my simple soda bread with 2 TBS of Italian seasoning added to it before baking. The bread came out a bit too herby for my taste so I needed to find a way to not waste it.
My friend Brenda from over at Texas Brew Salsa had messaged me a couple weeks ago about how she had made these Crunchy Croutons with my Basic Low Carb Yeast Bread and how wonderfully they had turned out for her.
Check out those pretty little crunchy gems…
Either bread recipe will work for these and they are super easy to make and store. You could even just cube up a couple of slices and toast them in the oven, but for me making the entire loaf worked a bit better so that we have them on hand for a few meals.
Brenda made her bread in a larger sheet pan so all she had to do was cube it and toast it. Super simple!!
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 0
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Sodium: 0mg
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- When making bread add 1 TBS Italian Seasoning to batter.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Cut the bread into bite size chunks, about ¼-1/2 " in diameter. Place chunks on a baking sheet lined with parchment and sprayed with coconut oil.
- Bake at 250 for about 2 hours, stirring bread chunks 1or 2 times during baking.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container. you can freeze some so that they last longer due to no preservatives.
These are the Baking Sheets that I love and use almost daily, I have them in various sizes. the heat distributes evenly and one sheet holds a batch of these Low Carb Croutons.
I also use these to make my Satisfying Cereals Like